Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Purchase: 2000 LMC Flip-Over Double Strike PCGS MS-65 RD

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 341Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
4681 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  9:09 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This was purchased at a really good price from EScottCoins.com, a new CCF advertiser. As a first time buyer from them, I absolutely can not recommend them enough. EJ was incredibly friendly and runs his business in a truly customer oriented way. They even sent me a flash drive with high quality original photos of the coin on it!

Anyway, here is the coin. It's my first flip-over double strike, and I think it has great eye appeal, a visible date is definitely a plus. I personally think I would have preferred a non uniface second strike, but I really like the extreme expansion on this one.

The closeups are photos off the flash drive EJ sent with the coin.

Pillar of the Community
United States
5305 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a real beauty, congrats! An incredible error and it looks real good.

-CH27
Collector of U.S. Varieties and Colonial Coinage
Pillar of the Community
United States
2050 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  9:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add QuarterHoarder72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing error! Huge congrats, that's a monster of an error.
Cherrypicker/Error Collector
Best Coins:
1971 LMC Double Struck In Collar: http://goccf.com/t/393989
1944-D OMM-001 FS-511
http://goccf.com/t/412322
Valued Member
United States
437 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  9:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CentSation to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's quite an error, hopefully zinc rot doesn't consume all the zinc and leave just a copper shell.
Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves -- Witch Hunt
Pillar of the Community
United States
2620 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  9:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Really nice pickup and I agree with you about EScott Coins. Very customer-friendly.
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups. We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62973 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  9:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just love it!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4269 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3997 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  10:55 pm  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Superb error! Well done indeed.
Valued Member
United States
420 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  11:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bumpkin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm diggin it.... I mean REALLY diggin it!!!!! That is one awesome error. Simply based on EScottCoin's recent benevolence with another member here on the forum, and now your comments about this business (along with other accolades I have heard), I am going to have to look into their supply and maybe drop some dough.....
CCF Advertiser
United States
73 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  12:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EScottCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you to everyone for the kind words. I can't express the value these nice comments have to us. It's what makes the hard work rewarding.

Adam E.: We're thrilled you love the coin. We expected you would. We did too...which is why we owned it for many years!

Yes, we love to make money just as anyone does. The difference between us and many is we feel money should always be the byproduct of a job well done....and no job is well done unless the customer is satisfied! We value the pride of integrity far above the acquisition of a paper dollar.

More than hoping collectors will buy from our site we hope they'll simply visit now and then and find enjoyment in it. We work very hard to make it a fun place to visit with nice (accurate) images and video of coins. We strive to build mutually beneficial relationships, not piles of cash. Wealth comes in many forms.

We genuinely appreciate the opportunity we've been afforded to be a part of this great forum. It's so refreshing to be sharing with true collectors.

Thanks again!

E. J. Scott
Pillar of the Community
United States
3120 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  01:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing coin Adam! Brilliant job!

I love errors like this.

EDIT: Also thanks for letting us know about EScottCoins, I'll certainly be bookmarking their site.
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump
Progress can only be achieved through trial and error. Failure is the greatest teacher.
Edited by SilverCents
10/26/2021 01:37 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
877 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  08:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter4 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice error!
Elliot Mitchell
Experienced coin roll hunter with 5+ years in the hobby
My Registry Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/334324/
My IS Type Set:
http://goccf.com/t/411655
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/408555
ANA # 3204217
CONECA # Y-6505
Pillar of the Community
United States
4681 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  8:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for the nice comments! And thank you again EJ for providing me a chance to own a coin as cool as this!
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 341Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: