Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Delivery Failure Notifications From Forum Email

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 380Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
3113 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  11:46 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Jbuck, all I've been getting for the last five to seven days are delivery failure notifications for every member I've sent an email to from this forum.

This is the only way to reach anyone to have them look into this matter. I can email anyone else outside of this site, but I can't get a delivery to stick here.

Thanks. I'd appreciate your help.

Also, is anyone else reading this having the same problem? Please feel free to try to email me from here and see if you are too.
Learn More...
United States
108364 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  11:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have split this out and moved it to the support forum to see if we can figure it out.

Did you get a forum email notification of the move?

I noticed you have an AOL address, which has been giving us ongoing problems for a very long time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3113 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  4:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello, I did see and still see ALL Reply to topic comments, Just NOT getting through to at lest 3-4 people over the last approx week, when I fill out a PM and send them.... Thanks for the Spilt !!!!
? I appreciate the HELP, Thanks Mike.
Edited by morgans dad
10/28/2021 4:19 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8851 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  4:28 pm  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll jump on this as well. I have a yahoo address and was getting the same issues. I had to workaround it which was a pain.
My best finds: 1999-WAM:http://goccf.com/t/332161 1988-RDV-6:http://goccf.com/t/335954#2873459 1986-Off-center: http://goccf.com/t/335952
1999 WAM #2:http://goccf.com/t/338710&whichpage=1
1981 Double Struck In Collar: http://goccf.com/t/350199&whichpage=1
ANA id: 3194067
My Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/236574/
If you want to buy something or sell something or just talk, shoot me a PM!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
9802 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  5:21 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had the same problem when I tried to contact rggoodie to register for the Christmas gift exchange. Fortunately I had his e-mail address from last year and was able to send him a message from my e-mail server rather than from the Forum.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
21594 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  6:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Jbuck, all I've been getting for the last five to seven days are delivery failure notifications for every member I've sent an email to from this forum.

What does it say?
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
21594 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  6:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
FYI, I do not waste any of my time troubleshooting AOL or Verizon (Now run by AOL) email deliverability.

If there an error message though I may be able to shed some light.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3113 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  9:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello All, bobby131313 I appreciate Your time and Efforts. I receive the Same message back saying " Delivery Status Notification ( Failure ).

I do NOT expect people to do Anything but ADVISE, it would be appreciated. Is it a CCF Glitch where my mail sent " in house " just gets kicked out ?. I am also trying to understand after longer than a Decade of Never having the problem to now, Having a problem at least 5+ times in the last week.
Also, I am asking, am I the only person the last week having issues, Thank You for replying ....
Pillar of the Community
United States
3113 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  12:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank You for the input , GrapeCollects, NumisRob, I tried another E-Mail address, different from my listed and NOW problematic Address and used a YAHOO Address and it kicked it back too, I appreciate any input.

Are YAHOO and AOL accounts all doing this ? Or just a select few or ? .............
Learn More...
United States
108364 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  09:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Verizon owns 10% of Yahoo (before May of this year, they owned it all), which provides Verizon's email/etc.

Yahoo owns the AOL brand. AOL was bought by Vz in 2015 and its operations were absorbed into Yahoo in 2016 (as Oath) after Verizon bought Yahoo. So anything AOL is really Yahoo (fka Oath) on the back-end.

As far as I know, any email account from any of the three brands (AOL, Verizon, Yahoo) is served from the same back-end farm ran by Yahoo. They will rise and fall on the same bad tides.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
21594 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  09:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I receive the Same message back saying " Delivery Status Notification ( Failure ).

It has to say more than that.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3113 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  09:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
jbuck, Morning, I have NOT received any messages from this forum, None, Thanks.......PS, " Did you get a forum email notification of the move? ", NO I did not.That in and of itself is Problematic......

jbuck, I have asked for your help in this matter, Please advise. I have Not asked Anyone else, Nor did/do I expect to trouble others, as seen in posted remarks, I just wish to correct the Now on going internal mailing delivery problems, You have acknowledged the problems for a Long Time..... I'd appreciate the Help....Thank You Again......
Pillar of the Community
United States
3113 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  10:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Morning Forum Dad, It does NOT !!! The delivery status notification says failure.. Please note, I have No other way to communicate in a post, I will post all in the public forums....... I appreciate the help.
Learn More...
United States
108364 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  11:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
jbuck, I have asked for your help in this matter, Please advise.
I had to move it here to get Bobby's attention because I do not have the elevated access to investigate the problem, nor do I have anything to offer other than what I have already said... that we have had problems with AOL for years.

Sorry.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3113 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  11:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jbuck, Your attention in this matter is Noted, Thanks......... For years problems and ? Just let it go, So people can not navigate the site,So much for Inclusion for All, I am NOT receiving ANY notices about actions taken on the forum too.!!!! We know it is Not an isolated Single Incident Too....... WOW...... Seeing the comments from Some are SAD!!! I appreciate the Reply from YOU........
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
21594 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  1:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I CANNOT CONTROL WHAT HAPPENS TO AN EMAIL AFTER IT IS SENT.

We have everything a good email is supposed to have, DMARC, DKIM, SPF, Reverse DNS, all of it. They pass all tests 100%.

I have strongly discouraged the use of AOL for well over 10 years. This message has been on the registration form since about a year after we opened.....

I will not go crazy troubleshooting AOL.

I have dealt with about 300 emails daily for the last 15 years. I have seen thousands upon thousands upon thousands of bounce notices. I don't recall a single one that didn't have at least an error code.

We're done here.

PS: FYI, 80% of new registrations that go unconfirmed are AOL/Verizon.
  Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 380Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: