Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1892 25 Piece. Your Opinions?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 434Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Canada
2516 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  08:07 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This was another one I ordered and forgot about lol,I'm going to say G grade but could be AG what do you guys think.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
3659 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  08:09 am  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VG-8
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2516 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  08:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This on originally confused me I didn't know the die axis on older Canadian quarters was different, I will have to check out the earlier Vikki grading guide I haven't read that one yet,I wouldn't have expected higher then G I'd be happy at VG8.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64205 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  09:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd say VG-08 as well.
Valued Member
Canada
62 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  09:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CAmint to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VG-8 sounds right.
An AG or G would only show a silhouette.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2516 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  10:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, after reading the Vikki guide I agree at Vg
Pillar of the Community
Canada
722 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
G6/VG8 but the eye appeal is excellent. Nice coin!
J
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2516 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  2:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, I think I may have over paid a little but it's tg oldest silver I have now:)

Does anyone know where to find the best price guide for Canadian coins? I think most would just have this for melt but I definitely paid well over melt.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3659 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  3:38 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
it trends for $32.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2516 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  4:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well then I paid a fair price, I think it was 27-29 after tax etc.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
857 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  4:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numis-Northerner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Though not super rare, Victoria coins 10 and higher denominations with fully legible and readable legends are always nice to find.

There is no shortage of 1892 quarters where only the 9 and 2 are visible, but fully legible ones like this are less common.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2516 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  4:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's good to know, I have seen many with most of the date very worn down and the last digit questionable. Part of the reason I decided to purchase this was the obverse, though there is a nice shine to the coin as well. I'm happy with the purchase:) thanks everyone for clearing up that it's not a waste completely for a starter set.

I am just kind of going to throw these sets together randomly I think based on the coins that's are affordable and that I like:)
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1222 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  9:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
G6 tops in my books; very little left of her ear from all the wear
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 434Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: