Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

$100 Dollar Bill With Slight Double Print!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 359Next Topic  
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2021  04:18 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Tuleecollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello all,

I acquired this $100 dollar bill today and on the back it has a bit of a double print on it. Tell me all about it please and thank you!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
13252 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2021  07:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks like it is some sort of a counting stamp from the bank.
You can be sure it wasn't on there when the bill was printed.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3527 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2021  07:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A agree with JimmyD. It looks very minor and opposite the blue 3-D security ribbon used on the front.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64386 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2021  08:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2021  09:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tuleecollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well dang it all! You guys always seem to find a way to destroy my hopefulness. Lol! Anyways, just to be sure. I'm not entirely convinced yet. Not sure how well you guys can see the picture. But where the discoloration is there's two letters "E" and "T" right next to each other that look exactly like the E and T in the word STATES at the top of the bill. Also around the top edge there's an imprint of what looks to be the top section of the print itself, but just the E and T are slightly showing reversed I'd assume. Here's some more pics that hopefully will allow you to see what I'm seeing.

Pillar of the Community
United States
3527 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2021  12:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The minor "double print", as you describe it, looks black but all the inking on the note is green. And, is there a reason in particular you're not posting the photos oriented correctly ?
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2021  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tuleecollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello SteveInTampa!

I just posted them quickly cause I got a lot of projects going on right now. I see what you mean about the imprints being black. But at the same time, the letters on every bill have black shadowing. I'll just go to an auction house and get their opinion. I appreciate all your guys input/analysis on this. It just looks like a double print to me. Don't wanna miss out on a possible small fortune. Thanks everyone!!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3527 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2021  06:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
But at the same time, the letters on every bill have black shadowing.

Although I applaud your tenacity, I'll guarantee you this particular note had zero black ink involved in printing the back. It also appears that you and I have different opinions about the amount involved in describing a "small fortune". Good luck going forward my friend.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 359Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: