Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1980 Lincoln Cent. I Think I Finally Found Something!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 304Next Topic  
United States
49 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  01:00 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add PurloinedCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I think I have at last found a variety in this 1980 penny! I believe the d8 matches the example on Variety Vista, I see doubling in the last few columns, and besides the doubling in the letters, the coin is misaligned, both obverse and reverse are off...im super stoked..i hope :) where are my mentors at? Need you guys!!

Also what are the errors for 2021's?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41874 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  04:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What attribution number do you think it might be? Also, too many photos.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
United States
49 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  05:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PurloinedCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
FS-101-(034)

Sorry about the photos, I feel like I need to show every angle so u see what I see lol
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41874 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  08:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not it and I think not a DDO at all http://varietyvista.com/01b%20LC%20...O%201980.htm
As a general rule:one full coin pic front and one full coin pic back with one or two close ups when and where needed. If we need to see more pics we will kindly ask.
John1
Pillar of the Community
United States
4067 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  09:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please do not use it here. Example: How r u? Please save that for I'm and text messaging and use full text here.

https://www.coincommunity.com/forum...asp#rulesid4
Instant Message Lingo (7/3/2007)
We have enough acronyms here to learn without trying to figure out any new ones.
United States
49 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  09:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PurloinedCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow..okay..and can anyone tell me what ANYTHING on this coin is? I will respect the requests; I had assumed that terms such as, "how R U" were not "acronyms" that anyone on this planet doesn't already know, given social media, I dont know...cellphones? Grandkids? If I seem pretentious and ostentatious, I do humbly acquiesce and pray thee forgiveth me. Just trying to learn and keep my excitement...so this cent has nothing? The pictures dont do justice to the glaring off centeredness of this coin.
United States
49 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  09:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PurloinedCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
and John1...how do I tell the difference between my date and the one on Variety Vista?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41874 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  1:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
and John1...how do I tell the difference between my date and the one on Variety Vista?

I don't know what you mean. sorry.
John1
Valued Member
United States
394 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  2:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bumpkin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

I'm with John on this question. Not sure exactly what you mean either. Not being condescending here at all but a 1980 is a 1980...... The Mint did not make different 1980 Copper Cent designed dies. There is only one doubled die for this year and (Philly) minted Lincoln. It is a doubled die obverse and the doubling is very prominent in the date, especially the 8 and 0 of the date. There are not any doubled die reverses for this year either. I believe John1 supplied you with this same link but I will also put it down here for your reference. Your Cent is a normal Cent and a nice looking one at that.

http://varietyvista.com/01b%20LC%20...0PDDO001.htm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54570 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  2:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a normal cent. Check this link to see what the 1980 plain on the lower part of the thread looks like:
http://goccf.com/t/352302&SearchTer...oophome,1980
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1406 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  3:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add That Coin Dude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
how do I tell the difference between my date and the one on Variety Vista?

The example on VV shows extra thickness, and notching. Note that your coin has neither.
Keep track of your collection: https://en.ucoin.net/?ref=Ux0E0if
My collection: https://en.ucoin.net/uid112788
A friendly coin dude that is here for you! A coin collector from the Midwest USA.
I specialize in minting varieties and coin identification. I am online 3+ times every day for 6-12 hours.
My best US coin find: http://goccf.com/t/387871
Pillar of the Community
United States
7506 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2021  02:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Normal looking cent from me as well.

I too vote for full use of the Queen's English. We need more not less in today's world.
ça va bien aller

United States
49 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2021  05:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PurloinedCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Right on guys! Thanks so much for your help, and I do humbly apologize for my unpleasant attitude over having to acknowledge an unsightly habit. You guys are all great and to be honest it is quite humbling and always a greatly appreciated honor to have you guys teaching me. I'm grate-
ful!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
12530 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2021  09:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PurloinedCoins
Just for your information, this is one of the rules about postings.

Quote:
Please do not use it here. Example: How r u? Please save that for I'm and text messaging and use full text here.
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 304Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: