Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Can't Remember If These Are A Fancy Serial# Or A One Off4448000

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 156Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Canada
2093 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  2:42 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Can't remember if I ready about these or not is this a "fancy"?

Bedrock of the Community
United States
41950 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  2:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do not think it qualifies.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2093 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  2:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll have to double check the list, I feel there was two lists I was looking at. I think you are right though @john1, if the 8 was a 4 or 0 then it would qualify so I'm not sure about this one. It would be one of the lower collectable notes if it is. I remember. Reading about notes like this and I think they are collectible but not considered fancy.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1181 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  3:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Spender

Like you said, that 8 would have to be a 4 or a 0
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2093 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  3:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
According to walk2dewater it would be a keeper. The first bill he posted here on fancy serial numbers.
http://goccf.com/t/320088
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8623 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  3:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is no such thing as an inclusive list of keepers.
If you like it keep it.
It's as simple as that.
From the replies here you can see that it likely wouldn't sell for any premium.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62875 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  3:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a fancy serial number.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2093 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  3:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is a list for fancy serial numbers though and multiple threads. I don't have a bill collection really and usually I look through 5s this I just got back from the bank for cashing in coins and recognized the pattern as a collectable serial number. I have stated many times that I do not sell anything I come across and that remains true to date. I might be willing to sell in person. I would be more comfortable trading then anything.

But as you stated DBM if you like it keep it. I do like it lol and plan on keeping it
Valued Member
Canada
143 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fefimo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@wrekkdd there is whole section on coinsandcanada about fancy serial numbers. Just as a guideline of course.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2093 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  9:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I already said I understand it's not in the fancy bill category, I like it though as I have yet to find a true fancy bill. Many really close ones but none yet. Thanks everyone.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 156Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: