Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ebay Or Auction For Selling A Coin

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 258Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
88 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  5:43 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add nancylou to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi there,

I was wondering how people determine where to sell their coins? Auction houses seem to command a higher value even after the seller pays the commission fee. But I'm curious to hear opinions.

Cheers &
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4082 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  7:17 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No real easy answer to that question. Many times the answer is neither .
Unless you have HIGH valued extreme rarities , auction houses can be the
absolute wrong place to put your coins. Many dealers myself included
Buy a good majority of coins FROM auctions . In fact before the pandemic
hit most material IN auction went TO dealers .
You can try selling them yourself online , many people do with varying degrees
of success from an occasional seller to some like myself who make a living at it .
Where to sell is really dependent on the kind of material and the demand there is for it , and how quickly or not you need the funds .
One other issue sellers have to consider in addition to associated costs
of selling a collection or accumulation of coins , the implication of taxation .
This is a major issue if a high value collection is disposed of .
That in itself is or can be a HUGE issue .
Edited by Pacificoin
11/25/2021 7:21 pm
Valued Member
United States
315 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  7:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It depends on what you're selling.

If you're more specific on what you have, how much and quality it would be easier to answer.
Valued Member
Canada
88 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2021  08:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nancylou to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys this is good information to ponder. I'm definitely only looking to sell the odd coin here or there. :)
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
12571 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2021  5:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm definitely only looking to sell the odd coin here or there.

Would suggest if you are going to sell anything, post a clear photo of both sides of the coin
on the Forum for advice until you get more experience.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20477 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2021  09:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
IF I was to try to sell a coin I'd try here first.
just carl
Learn More...
United States
106502 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 258Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: