Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1951-D Lincoln Wheat Cent- DDO-001 FS-101

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 426Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
5424 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2021  4:43 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Pulled this one out of a small bag of wheat cents. A circulated VF coin but the notches still show well on WE TRUST and GOD still shows it's doubling/thickness well. Not a super rare variety but always nice to pull CPG varieties out of wheat bags. Can't complain about that!

-CH27

http://coppercoins.com/lincoln/dies...ie_state=lds

Collector of U.S. Varieties and Colonial Coinage
Pillar of the Community
United States
2605 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2021  6:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
very nice variety

congratulations
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5406 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4208 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2021  6:39 pm  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a nice find. But I'd go with not super popular rather than not super rare. These can be buggers to find, yet historically don't sell for much.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5424 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2021  7:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all! Appreciate the correction there bats. I just see so many of this variety on eBay that go unsold I thought it must not be too rare.

Dearborn, it did take me a minute to confirm it.

-CH27
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
528 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2021  7:44 pm  Show Profile   Check VestigeWolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add VestigeWolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah. I am no good at the subtle ones. I would have missed it also.
Discovering the truth does not have all the answers.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5424 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2021  8:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, it's pretty subtle in circulated grades. If it wasn't a CPG listed variety that I avidly hunt for I might have missed it actually.

-CH27
Learn More...
United States
108455 Posts
United States
46 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2021  12:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add The Detectorist to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You guys crack me up...You can spell it out on what you are looking at and point out the error specifically and I still don't see it. Makes me wonder what I miss that could be a DDR or a DDO on all the coins I look at...I guess it will come as I look at more and more but it is kind of discouraging at times after looking at hundreds of coins and then see you guys find all these different varieties...
Pillar of the Community
United States
986 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2021  02:26 am  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Detectorist- I agree. I have no idea what they are pointing out because the variety is so subtle. But props to them, they are finding all of the varieties that we can't!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5424 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2021  12:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks jbuck! Detectorist and jacrispies, this is a tough to see variety so if you don't really know what you're looking for you're going to scan right over it without giving it much thought. I'd say it's just a combination of me going over hundreds of 1951-D cents and getting a feel for what the coin normally looks like and also memorization of what kind of varieties to look for. If I think I have something, I'll go check the attribution sites. Most of the time if it's a CPG listed variety then I'll already know what I've found since I have most of the CPG listed Lincoln cents memorized.

-CH27
Pillar of the Community
United States
1055 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2021  2:06 pm  Show Profile   Check sheldius's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sheldius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very impressive find. Like many others, I wouldn't have found it. Congrats.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1018 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2021  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter4 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice one!
Elliot Mitchell
Experienced coin roll hunter with 5+ years in the hobby
My Registry Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/334324/
My IS Type Set: http://goccf.com/t/411655
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/408555
My Ebay Store: https://www.ebay.com/usr/coinhunter...047675.l2559
ANA # 3204217, CONECA # Y-6505
Pillar of the Community
United States
570 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2021  3:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For those of you who can't see it, My eyes are old so sometimes I have a hard time also. The pickup pointe for me is the U in trust. Look at the right side of both uprights. They are doubled and notched. Go between Coppercoins and picture #7 above, then I think you'll see it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5424 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2021  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks sheldius, CH4! Cujohn is right, a good pickup point is the U of TRUST. You can also just generally tell by the shape of GOD and the notches on WE.

-CH27
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 426Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: