Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Toonie, Die Chip? Tiny Clash? Tiny Plating Bubble?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 365Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Canada
2544 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2021  11:58 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Got this toonie today in my change and there is a tiny anomaly going on at the top of the polar bears back. The light reflecting off of it makes it look larger but it is very tiny. What do you think?

In not sure if it's part of the design, I only have a 2019 on hand that does not seem to have this and photos I looked at I line didn't have it either. I found a similar anomaly on a 2020 quarter that appeared to have the same sort of thing on the front of the horns but was larger then this, I thi k I may have posted it but never got a definitive answer I don't think. I'll have to try and find the thread, but I believe it was a plating bubble. I apologize for the sloppy photo work as I just took some quick photos in break.

Edit:there also appears to be a small raised lone to the right of the "bubble looking spot" or I guess since the coins upside down in the close up it would be slightly to the left on the last photo.
Edited by Wrekkdd
12/03/2021 12:23 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2544 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2021  12:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This photo probably doesn't help much but I'm leaning towards a tiny clash, which I would be happy with as I don't have any clash examples yet, so even one this minor would be a win for me. I may just have to wait till I get home to confirm
Valued Member
Canada
148 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2021  3:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SP67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've seen this bulge so many times on the toonie on various here.

For the few of them I found, it's clearly on the die since many coins have been found with the same bulge.

So, this link if the the 2016 version (in french)

https://numicanada.com/forum/viewto...3&hilit=sp67

and for 2018 (still in french)

https://numicanada.com/forum/viewto...1&hilit=sp67
Valued Member
Canada
148 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2021  3:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SP67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've seen this bulge so many times on the toonie on various here.

For the few of them I found, it's clearly on the die since many coins have been found with the same bulge.

So, this link if the the 2016 version (in french)

https://numicanada.com/forum/viewto...3&hilit=sp67

and for 2018 (still in french)

https://numicanada.com/forum/viewto...1&hilit=sp67
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2544 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2021  4:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Appreciate the links. None for 2021 but definitely the same sort of anomaly. I still think it is a clash, possible it was not fully polished off. I definitely see a raised line to the right of mine, I'm going to put it under my scope tonight. I looked but couldn't find the quarter example but I'm almost positive I posted it. Idk if anyone has an overlay image for the 2021 toonie but if so it would easily tell me if it's not a clash. The hair on the obverse would be in this area so a clash seems possible. Not anything special or valuable but as I said I would like a tiny clash for my error collection(though a huge one would be better). I guess I have 2 collar clashes which is a die clash. My single collar clash and my double one, but there not quite the same as a die clash.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2544 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2021  4:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@SP67 I noticed even on the other threads you posted you seems to end up with a double post? On the CFF if my post already posted and I try to re post it because I didn't know if it went though it tells me it's a duplicate post. Yours seem to go through though?

Anyways did you ever find out any more info on these? Also did you find any with other raised areas like the tiny line on this 2021?
Valued Member
Canada
148 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  3:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SP67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't have yet any 2021 Toonie Roll! So I can't answer for that year.

You will find all overlays to this link:

https://www.coinsandcanada.com/coin...ities&id=105

For your coin, I don't think it's a clash mark.

And I don't know why I have a double post!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2544 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  4:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't really make it out with my scope. I can tell there is a second raised area, a tiny line but with the glare my scope causes it's hard to get a good view of it. I asked because I noticed in the links you posted you also had double posted, they convert to English so that was helpful.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 365Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: