Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1882 Three Cent Nickel For Thoughts

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 215Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1130 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  12:45 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This one seems to be tough to find in AU and above. Not my pics.Trying to get better pics as well from the seller but I like the obverse colors.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
11220 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  09:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm going with AU details. based on the photos provided all the original surfaces have been removed
Pillar of the Community
United States
5424 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  09:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not quite in focus so a bit tough rendering an opinion.
But it appears to have the usual weakness on the "III".
Tough coin to get well struck.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Edited by kanga
12/05/2021 09:13 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3565 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  09:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tough date. I can't make out surfaces well enough from these, maybe AU55. Waiting for better pics.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64386 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  09:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU sharpness, but pics too soft to evaluate surfaces clearly.
Valued Member
United States
456 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  09:20 am  Show Profile   Check pristine2's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add pristine2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks promising to me. Bad photo quality prevents any conclusions, but details grades on this series are actually pretty uncommon.

It's a nice but not impossible date. You can find AU examples at less than $400 pretty routinely.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1130 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  12:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will post better photos once the seller supplies them.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8608 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  1:41 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS62? Need to wait for better photos I think. Could be a super nice coin.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, C4, & NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 215Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: