Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

20th Century Type Set

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 76 / Views: 3,233Next Topic
Page: of 6
Pillar of the Community
United States
5235 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2021  2:47 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey all,

For those that read my posts you know I've been working on the registry set for a 7070, I'm now down to the last 4 coins, but I can't find them in a price I want them in a grade I like them, so I've been holding off a little. In the mean time, I took a look at my 20th century type set.

And said to myself (I tend to talk to myself as I agree with me all the time )

Myself "mmmmm, I wonder if I create a 20th century type set on the NGC registry how many coins am I missing?"

Me "that's a great idea. DO IT"

Myself "Yep I'm going to do it!"

Me "You are so smart!"

And just like that I created a new registry set.

HFJacinto's Killer 20th Century Type Set

And came to a sad realization, I was missing about 8 coins

But 6 were modern and inexpensive

So I started another set.

Edited by hfjacinto
12/11/2021 3:05 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
5235 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2021  2:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The majority of coins have already been posted here

HFJacinto's Killer 7070 Set

I'm not going to rehash the ones in the set, but a few of these were never posted. Let's start off with an SMS from 1967. SMS where "Special Mint Sets" that were produced instead of proofs, while some people say the coins took the best of proofs and uncirculated, others say they took the worst as many dies were over polished and a loss of detail. This coin is probably closer to the best of proofs and uncirculated as it has nice details and luster.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70143 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2021  2:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very impressive! What's next?
Pillar of the Community
United States
5235 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2021  3:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Very impressive! What's next?

Ahhh

My poison dart friend of the coin and currency world!!

My goals are:

1) Get a slabbed 1909 S-VDB to complete the 2 full sets of small cents
2) Get the missing 4 coins from the 7070
3) Get the missing 2 coins from the 20th century type set (may do this first as its the lowest cost of the 5 goals)
4) Get the missing IHC/FE
5) Get a few large notes (Educational, Bison, Native American, Battleship) and the Abe Fractional.

Honestly if I went super high grade, this may take me years.
Edited by hfjacinto
12/11/2021 3:10 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70143 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2021  4:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I may be able to help you with some of those.
Learn More...
United States
114684 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
5235 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2021  09:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today's coin is a 1999 State Quarter. And since I live in NJ why not have an NJ quarter.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1429 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2021  11:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jpsned to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice set!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1534 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2021  07:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shatsi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice!! I have few coins I bought slabbed that needs to be cracked our for the type set and I've been holding out, second guessing myself.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5235 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2021  08:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today's coin is a pretty silver dime.

Valued Member
United States
436 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2021  10:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Raised on rock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A very nice set with very nice coins.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1591 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2021  11:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kena to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice set, thanks for sharing. What company made the album?
CCF member Member Since: 07/27/2008
Pillar of the Community
United States
5235 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2021  11:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all!

Quote:
Nice set, thanks for sharing. What company made the album?

The album is made by Whitman publishing
Learn More...
United States
114684 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4150 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2021  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A great looking, consistent set. As for the opening monologue; I'd expect nothing less from someone from New Jersey
Pillar of the Community
United States
5235 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2021  08:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
As for the opening monologue; I'd expect nothing less from someone from New Jersey

Me: "Bison boy is sure annoying"
Myself: " Well he collects coins that have no precious metals"
Me: "Yep"
Myself: "And makes fun of people from NJ?"
Me: "Hasn't he ever watched the Sopronas?"
Myself: " We need to ignore him, like we stated above he collects Bisons and calls them buffalos?"
Me: "Yep strange character he is"
Myself: "Yep not cool like us"
Me: "I'm happy CCF members can't read my mind, those random thoughts sometimes are a doozy."

Today's coin is another quarter, the 20th century type set includes both Silver and Clad separately.

Me: "Clad coinage = Yuck"
Myself: "Yep, but at least this one is a proof"
Me: "Better than Bison coinage...."
Myself: "Hey bisons are cool"
Me: "Yeah I forgot, don't tell Ty that though"
Myself: "Our secret"

Edited by hfjacinto
12/14/2021 09:00 am
Page: of 6 Previous TopicReplies: 76 / Views: 3,233Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.46 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: