Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Erroneous Singapore Mintages On Numista?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 171Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Australia
1026 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2022  01:13 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Was entering my Singapore $1 coins and thought the mintages seem a bit odd compared to the collector percentages.
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces1665.html
The 1998-2004 mintages were roughly half the mintage of the 2006 yet each one is represented by less than 1%. Maybe the number released was a lot lower than the reported mintage numbers?
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3492 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2022  07:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would doubt those mintages too. I have been to Singapore a few times and have never found a $1 coin in the 1998 - 2004 date range.
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,800 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Valued Member
United States
204 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2022  07:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bjherbison to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The numbers are very close to the numbers in the Krause catalogs. Do you have a better source of numbers?
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1026 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2022  4:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

The numbers are very close to the numbers in the Krause catalogs. Do you have a better source of numbers?

No, however:
A) Although Krause is a good catalogue I do not believe that information from Krause should be treated as guaranteed 100% correct because it came from Krause. Krause is compiled by humans using information provided by other humans and humans make mistakes.
B) The Numista collection percentages, with some caveats, do broadly correlate with the availability of the coins. In this case, the stats would indicate that the 1998-2004 $1 coins are far less common in circulation than what the Krause figures indicate. Either the Krause figures are incorrect or many of the coins never made it into circulation.
Edited by David Graham
01/13/2022 4:56 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 171Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.21 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: