Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Coin Collecting/Researching For Years.but So Much Information Out There. I'm overwhelmed

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 314Next Topic  
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2022  03:50 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add NHuerter to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I will think I find a DDO / DDR then I will think its nothing and I go back and forth all the time never getting anywhere. I do keep a log and I file everything with pictures and label them and I will go back through them and I will think I have new errors on coins that no one has published but then I don't know how possible/likely that could be. I have ready so much and looked through/at so many different websites/coins at this point I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask if I sent some pictures of different coins if someone could help me in letting me know if what I am finding is common or just giving me some direction.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
42851 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2022  04:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
. Feel free to post one full coin photo of the obverse and one of the reverse along with one or two close ups where and when needed in the proper sections of our great site.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
6796 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2022  07:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, post full, large and sharp photos of coins you'd like us to look at. Suggest posting only one coin per discussion thread. Good luck!
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
385 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2022  10:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sharkman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I Have learned more from Coin Community that any book I have ever read.
Members frequently post questions whether a coin is a DD or error. Ask away and have fun.
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2022  5:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NHuerter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Perfect! thank you. I have close up pictures I just need to take a picture of the front and back and will get the first one uploaded
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2022  9:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NHuerter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
this is a 1888 Morgan silver dollar. Is the crack a die crack and is it a DDR ?

Bedrock of the Community
United States
42851 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  04:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a die crack and MD. Look here http://www.vamworld.com/wiki/Home
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
164 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  10:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jafo50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My vote is die crack and great closeup photos by the way.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
16534 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  1:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just stay with CCF , you will learn a lot on this forum .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  4:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NHuerter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone for the replies. I appreciate it. I have a couple more I would love everyone's opinion on. I have a couple of pennies that are DDO and DDR and a few quarters. What songI am headed to the chiefs game so it might be tomorrow when I post them. You guys are great I love this forum
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 314Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: