Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Best Time Of Day To Go To The Bank

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 246Next Topic  
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2022  07:39 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add silverstalker66 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Is there a best time of the day to go to the bank for halves or anything for that matter?
Pillar of the Community
United States
6796 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2022  08:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In my experience, no--other than 15 minutes before closing time. There are far to many variables to consider--branch policies, attitudes of branch employees, short staffing (shortage of tellers on any given day), geographic location (suburban Seattle vs Custer City, Oklahoma), etc., etc. Get to know your bank/branch--build personal relationships.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64435 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2022  09:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't know the best time, but do know the worst time - whenever I go.
Learn More...
United States
108551 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2022  09:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will just go ahead and say that lunchtime is the worst, regardless of what business you have there. Everyone goes at lunch it seems, because the drive-thru is backed up and the queue inside is coming out the lobby door. This just means anything you need from them will just be another annoying hurried task for them to do.

Mid-morning has always been the least busy time when I need to go to my Credit Union.
Pillar of the Community
United States
502 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2022  11:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PlumCrazy814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I suggest AM - when the tellers are not thinking about lunch or about going home, Maybe an hour after opening
Pillar of the Community
United States
2417 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2022  7:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

I suggest AM - when the tellers are not thinking about lunch or about going home, Maybe an hour after opening

Quote:

Mid-morning has always been the least busy time when I need to go to my Credit Union.

These two responses are exactly what I was going to suggest. Many banks employ "staggered" shifts during the week... by the time an hour has passed, everyone other than part-time employees is there. 10-10:30 am local time is usually a good time because it is also before the lunch hour rush.

Quote:

Get to know your bank/branch--build personal relationships.

This is also very important. Bank employees move branch to branch (and even bank to bank) a lot... if you run into a difficult employee, by having these relationships already in place, you usually can get around them.
CRH Nickeloholic. 1,300,000 nickels searched in five years! Already have found THREE complete Jefferson sets!
Edited by John77
01/14/2022 7:43 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 246Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.26 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: