Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1824 Capped Bust Half Dollar

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 440Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
2118 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  3:38 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Connor to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Guess the grade. It was graded by ANACS.

Edited by Connor
01/16/2022 3:41 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
5858 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  3:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks original and problem-free. I would like to see better images but VF-25 might be in the ballpark.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
68947 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  4:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you enlarge those images?
Pillar of the Community
United States
867 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  4:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add flag4 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm thinking VF25 to 35 range . .
Pillar of the Community
United States
637 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  5:52 pm  Show Profile   Check pristine2's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add pristine2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Assuming the surfaces passed muster at ANACS, it should be a solid VF-35 or XF-40. Sharp details, especially on the reverse. The weakness around "Pluribus" is typical and completely strike-related, and shouldn't have impaired the grade.

I'm sorry but I don't like that color much. It may well be the result of extended pocket time rather than a cleaning, but it isn't what I want to see on my CBHs.

I've had many coins graded from this series, but none from ANACS. Early halves are one area where NGC has traditionally had the edge.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4125 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  6:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Without larger pics, VF25, maybe VF30
Pillar of the Community
United States
1757 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2022  6:30 pm  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF-35
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12217 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2022  09:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm in the VF35 area. photos a little too small but thats my best guess
Bedrock of the Community
United States
23914 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  11:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice looking VF-35.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2131 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  6:23 pm  Show Profile   Check RK55's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add RK55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF-30 to these eyes. sweet coin!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1580 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  6:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ploopy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF35
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9468 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  6:29 pm  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm getting older and my vision is already poor, but I think I can see a VF35 CBH there.
My kind of coin, with the surfaces and color like that.
Longhorn Coins & Exonumia
Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC - CCT #890

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Pillar of the Community
United States
1757 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  6:41 pm  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What did ANACS call it?
Pillar of the Community
United States
592 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2022  5:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add psuman08 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think this might have made XF-40.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
68947 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2022  5:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say VF-35.
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 440Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: