Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Heads Up - Interesting Scam?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 670Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
9004 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2022  08:57 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Check this:

https://6abc.com/consumer-coins-col...nt/11459453/

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Learn More...
United States
115001 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
9004 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  5:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Taking this on a slight tangent, perhaps some enterprising folks could set up a 'coin roll of the month club'. For $250 a year, club members would receive 1 fresh, commercially-wrapped, unsearched roll of coins monthly, pulled at random from a large bin, for a total of 12 rolls each year. The bin would be replenished monthly from boxes (cents, nickels, dimes, quarters, halves) acquired at face value from a couple banks. And yes, no returns, but free shipping.
Edited by ijn1944
01/20/2022 5:46 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17786 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2022  5:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep just another scam to add to inexperienced Newbie's headaches .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
United States
2094 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2022  3:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is a common one. My grandmother gave me the ad that came in her mailbox similar to this because she knows that I collect coins. Thank goodness she didn't make any fast moves.
Learn More...
United States
115001 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2022  4:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My grandmother gave me the ad that came in her mailbox similar to this because she knows that I collect coins. Thank goodness she didn't make any fast moves.
How long before somebody gets this as a gift?
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 670Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: