Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Presidential Silver Medal Honoring Zachary Taylor Available On May 2 2022

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 393Next Topic  
Press Manager
Learn More...
United States
1420 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2022  8:41 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CCFPress to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Presidential Silver Medal Honoring Zachary Taylor Available On May 2 2022
2022, May 2

US Mint - The Zachary Taylor Presidential Silver Medal will be available for purchase directly from the United States Mint (Mint) starting on May 2 at noon EDT. Taylor was the nation's 12th U.S. President, serving from March 4, 1849, until July 9, 1850.

The Department of the Treasury has a long-standing tradition of honoring each President of the United States with an official bronze medal struck by the Mint. The Mint is now replicating this series of medals in 99.9 percent fine silver, each measuring 1.598 inches in diameter.

The obverse (heads) of the Zachary Taylor Presidential Silver Medal is by sculptor Henry Kirke Brown, and the reverse (tails) is by sculptor John Reich, United States Mint Assistant Engraver in the early nineteenth century.

The obverse features Taylor's portrait with the inscriptions "ZACHARY TAYLOR," "PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES," and "1849" along the border of the medal.

The reverse features the inscription "PEACE AND FRIENDSHIP," symbolized by two hands clasped in token of amity. On the cuff of the left wrist are three stripes and buttons; the other wrist is bare. Above the hands, the pipe of peace and the tomahawk are crossed over each other.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8960 Posts
Learn More...
United States
113436 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2022  10:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If my I had finished my Dansco albums by now I would have liked to have done this series on enrollment. Priorities, I guess.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8960 Posts
Learn More...
United States
113436 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8960 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8960 Posts
Learn More...
United States
113436 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2022  09:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hopefully Dansco will get them to the vendors soon. Hopefully.
Valued Member
United States
63 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2022  2:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ChicagoCoinGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My enrollment arrived today and it looks great.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8960 Posts
Learn More...
United States
113436 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
717 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2022  10:37 pm  Show Profile   Check captainrich's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add captainrich to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm thinking of breaking these out of their OGP and putting them into a Dansco album. (do they make albums for these medals?)

Dearborn, I use Lighthouse (Leuchtturm) ENCAP 40/41 plastic pages, along with Lighthouse (Leuchtturm) CAP 41mm capsules.

Here is the page with the first 12 Presidential Silver Medals, including the latest Zachary Taylor issue.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8960 Posts
Learn More...
United States
113436 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2022  10:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here is the page with the first 12 Presidential Silver Medals, including the latest Zachary Taylor issue.
Outstanding!
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 393Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.49 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: