Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Must Be A Day For 1984 Quarter Errors.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 390Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
55 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  12:17 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Flowme911 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Got 2 of these back with my change this morning, both 1984 P. First example is the most severe, so photos are only of that one, but can post images of the 2nd if requested. Primary interest is on the reverse, however on the obverse aside from the filled mintmark and thickness of all lettering, starting halfway through the middle of the date for reference, is a dime sized circle with extra raised areas between Washington's nose and chin, beneath the chin down his neck, and below his ear toward the east a raised triangular shape, and leads me to believe this was restruck over a struck dime.
The reverse, thickness of all lettering that also has major doubling primarily through the west-northwest up to the O of OF, E Plurib, and Quart on the bottom, along with doubling of the eagle toward the East. Lastly, in the first 2 photos, that was a 180 degree flip so the coin is slightly misaligned.
I apologize for the poor photos, any input would be appreciated here!

Edited by Flowme911
01/25/2022 12:36 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
57390 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  1:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a beat up coin. Spent a lot of time in the Vending machines.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7427 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1018 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  2:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a wore out quarter.
Valued Member
United States
55 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  3:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Flowme911 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And the dime sized discoloration and Raised parts? I had a feeling that is what was going to be the census here, which is why I mentioned 2 coins, second does not have the dime sized inclusion on obverse, but reverse is virtually identical...but most vending items are at least 50 cents I guess. Smh
Pillar of the Community
United States
6087 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
but reverse is virtually identical.

That would make the Two of them being very worn out,devises start to flatten and widen.
to the Community.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1018 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  3:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If it was struck over a dime, you would see some of the dime's devices. The second strike wouldn't remove all traces of them. And .50 is 2 quarters.
Valued Member
United States
55 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  04:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Flowme911 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know Cujohn, the 2 quarters have been travelling vending machines together since '84. I'm going to name them Tom and Huck! Thank everyone for your time, opinions, and insights! I will take them under consideration
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 390Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: