Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2016 $5 Note Missing Hologram

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 598Next Topic  

Australia
3 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  9:34 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Parratorian to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Has anyone seen this before and can explain?
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1105 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  10:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Parratorian and

No, I haven't seen this before ... could you please post a photo of the other side as well?

Also, when held up to the light, can you make out the outline of the figures?
Australia
3 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  12:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Parratorian to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Coaster and thank you.

The outline of the figures are faintly noticeable held up to the light.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1105 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  12:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks to me that someone has used acetone, or similar, to remove the markings in this top to bottom window ... you can see remnants of the design that were missed!

Edited by coaster
01/26/2022 12:47 am
Learn More...
United States
112066 Posts
Australia
3 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2022  4:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Parratorian to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the info. I didn't think it was possible. Cheers :)
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4932 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2022  4:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just take another regular note try acetone or a good ink eraser, almost sure you will create same effects
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
14636 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2022  4:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the CCF

Quote:
Thank you for the info. I didn't think it was possible. Cheers :)

Yes, it is possible. I have seen the same thing on Canadian Currency.
Someone trying to create an error.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1128 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2022  11:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does anyone remember the first Australian note with a hologram that came off quite easily? Shortly after issue I recall a newspaper publishing a cartoon that featured 2 policemen examining the new note.

Policeman 1 - It's a counterfeit note.
Policeman 2 - How do you know?
Policeman 1 - The hologram won't rub off!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1652 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2022  4:38 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have seen the same thing on Canadian Currency.
Someone trying to create an error.

We have seen many fabricated polymer errors with missing holographic windows (which were likely manufactured with a chemical wipe).

See this thread at CPMF:
https://cdnpapermoney.com/index.php?topic=14828.0
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 598Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: