Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1958 D Quarter Lobotomy Die Crack?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 360Next Topic  
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  12:04 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Lastcawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm new here. Hello! I registered today because of this 1958 D Quarter I've held onto for a few years. Has anyone else seen this large die crack at the top of George's skull? There are a few small reverse die cracks as well, but this skull one is plaguing me. TIA.

Edited by Lastcawl
01/27/2022 6:09 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
44584 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  04:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
. It does look like a nice die crack. Just a FYI: we do not recommend photos of your microscopes screen.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
2909 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  05:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lastcawl to the CCF!

very nice pictures... minus the screen shot.

got a picture of the reverse?
Pillar of the Community
United States
8005 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  07:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Aye, a die crack.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7325 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
67573 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  09:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good one.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
621 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  10:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gsp193 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice die crack, you may check for a DDR and check for die markers which are die cracks on obverse and on reverse.

http://varietyvista.com/09b%20WQ%20...8DDDR001.htm
Learn More...
United States
111980 Posts
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  6:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lastcawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the tip on the "no screenshot". I'll take that one down from this thread. Here's the reverse of the coin. A few die cracks as well. Also thanks, everyone for the welcome responses!
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  6:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lastcawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@gsp193-
Thank you for the link! I found a lot of the same Die markers on the reverse! Pretty cool. I'm just now getting into learning about coins after going through my water jug bottle coin stash from decades of bartending. It's what kept me entertained through the lockdowns, and now I'm kinda hooked! haha
Pillar of the Community
United States
621 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  6:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gsp193 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your welcome, I'm learning too I started last year and have been hooked since! This is a great forum and everyone here is great to help!
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 360Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: