Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1907 Indian Cent Rotated Die

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 674Next Topic  

United States
21 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2022  4:58 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add 601digs to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the Coin Community and excited to be here. I really enjoy reading through the posts.

I just wanted to make my first post and share this recent find with y'all.

I tried to rotate the coin as straight as possible so the obverse and reverse was correctly oriented, should be really close.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70290 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2022  5:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Guessing this is not enough rotation to merit a premium. Also, is this coin damaged/bent?

to the CCF!
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2022  6:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 601digs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Coinfrog,

There is a slight indentation through the center. Likely post mint damage but I'm certainly no expert.

Thanks
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70290 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2022  10:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From what I can see, this is just a cull, worth less than 50 cents.
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2022  07:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 601digs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the additional info Coinfrog
Pillar of the Community
United States
812 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2022  08:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kenwright396 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community. Looks like PMD.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1144 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2022  4:35 pm  Show Profile   Check sheldius's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sheldius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a minor rotated die. You can prop the coin up and photo in front of a mirror to show it as well. I'd hand on to it as your first error, even though minor and damaged. Welcome.
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2022  6:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 601digs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the Welcome Sheldius and Kenwright and thanks for the feedback. Always appreciated.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2532 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2022  9:37 pm  Show Profile   Check robbudo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add robbudo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This should be N27 - many were struck with this rotated die. So many that the die must have been fixed in this position for some time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2532 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2022  9:40 pm  Show Profile   Check robbudo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add robbudo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When you took the pic of the reverse, did you filp the coin heads-over-trails or side-to-side? It makes a big difference.
Pillar of the Community
United States
812 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  06:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kenwright396 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community.
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  08:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 601digs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the additional info Robbudo. Coin was flipped heads-over-tails.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2532 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2022  7:33 pm  Show Profile   Check robbudo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add robbudo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since it was rotated heads-over-tails, this coin is rotated about 170 degrees. The rotated die census lists the 1907 rotated IHCs as an R5, meaning there are 31-80 examples believed to survive with rotations between 90 and 180 degrees. I have 20 different years (!) of IHCs with rotations between 90 and 180 degrees in my collection. I'd estimate your coin, still a cull, is worth about $5.
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 674Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: