Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Canadian Liberators 1945 Medal

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 315Next Topic  

United Kingdom
2 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2022  2:07 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add stig58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
The coin is self explanatory the Liberation of Heemstede in Holland in May 1945 by the Canadian army but I cant find any information what so ever on the history of the coin was it minted in 1945 or postwar was it presented in Holland or Canada to a particular regiment any information on the coin l would be gratefully received

Dennis

Edited by stig58
04/18/2022 2:10 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4352 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2022  2:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd like to know about this as well, since my wife's family lived through that, since they were all around in Holland and suffered through it. They were able to move to Canada in the early 50's
Bedrock of the Community
United States
45200 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2022  2:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
113674 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2022  2:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.
United Kingdom
2 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2022  2:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stig58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My friend found it among his mothers belongings when she died he is assuming it belonged to his father who has also passed away. But I dont think the father was actually Canadian but a collector of militaria. It would be a nice coin if it was actually awarded to the troops in Holland by the locals in 1945.

Dennis
Valued Member
United States
448 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2022  4:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add retiredkper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gratitude medals would make an interesting collecting topic!
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 315Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.24 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: