Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1908 IHC - MPD FS-302, Snow 9

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 549Next Topic  
United States
47 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2022  4:56 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add skidfive to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Good morning all,

I seem to have a good set of luck these last few days. When going through my IHCs last week, This was the first coin I looked at. Based off the markers, I believe it to be the MPD FS302, snow 9.

https://www.indianvarieties.com/cen...908-mpd-003/

https://www.PCGS.com/coinfacts/coin...-79-bn/37624

What are your thoughts?

Edited by skidfive
04/25/2022 4:58 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71521 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2022  5:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5805 Posts
 Posted 04/28/2022  9:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree! You've found FS-302, S-9. Nice one!

-CH27
Collector of U.S. Coins, Varieties, and Colonial Coinage
United States
47 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2022  11:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add skidfive to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This graded FS 302 - VF20 through ANACS. should have pictures in a few days
United States
47 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2022  7:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add skidfive to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
here it is, came back cleaned.... I didnt see it, but I'm not the greatest at determining signs of cleaning. I noticed there was some wear spot on the cheek and other high points, but didnt think it would be cleaned.

This is why I chose ANACS, still get a number grade with a cleaning designation.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71521 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2022  7:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cleaned? That hurts.
United States
47 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2022  7:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add skidfive to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe an old cleaning? years ago and patina returned? I dont know, still happy with the designation atleast
Pillar of the Community
United States
643 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2022  09:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HumblePie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats. The S-9 is a tough variety to locate in any grade. I have only found four S-9's in the past couple of years.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 549Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: