Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Opinions On A 1901 Japanese 1 Yen. Cleaned?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 128Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
95 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  1:15 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Skeletonwizard8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey friends, I have an opportunity to buy this 1901 1 Yen coin. I think it's been cleaned at some point, but there is still luster. He wants $130, is that a good price?

Thanks
Pillar of the Community
United States
1500 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  1:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That to me looks more like luster, at about a MS-63 or a little higher. Ngccoin world guide lists about $350.00 retail for a 63, so I feel $130.00 is a good price.
If it had a light cleaning, it does not look it
Valued Member
Japan
343 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2022  08:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bungle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What is the black outline on the dragon, near the head? Tarnish? Dirt?
I see some areas tinted green. PVC, or just a reflection of something?
With only those photos to go by, I would hesitate to buy it, but the price is probably fair.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1679 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2022  12:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add realeswatcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Could be a light wipe, but LOTS of actual luster.

Definitely a buy in this market at $130.
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 128Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: