Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1875 S Half Dollar, Should I Send To Grade?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 340Next Topic  
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2022  8:40 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add coin_coin_guy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Should I send? I took a risk on Ebay and bought this saw coin. I am afraid it looks artificial toning, but to me MS details. Maybe it is a problem free coin, idk. Or should I return?

appreciate your feedback guys!

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
68779 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2022  8:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please remove it from the holder and show us large, straight-on shots of both sides.

to the CCF!
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2022  9:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coin_coin_guy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here they are, sorry I am trying to capture the image tone. Thank you for the kind welcome.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
68779 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2022  9:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You need to crop these images and greatly enlarge the pics of the coin itself. These are of no help. We don't need shots of your fingers, if you understand.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17428 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2022  9:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To CCF , Looks good to me . Nothing about it is calling out AT . Sending it in is up to you .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2022  9:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coin_coin_guy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not the best at taking pictures so I will have someone help me. These are the pictures the seller had up.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2191 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2022  9:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If that's the same seller who always uses old bank checks for image backgrounds, they're famous for artificially toned and otherwise problem coins photographed to look "special." Tell us who the seller is and we'll know.
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2022  9:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coin_coin_guy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Canyon city coins lol. But by looking at my coin what do u guys think
Pillar of the Community
United States
1157 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2022  9:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it's an au coin that was dipped and has retoned
Pillar of the Community
United States
2191 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2022  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks whizzed and then toned to me.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4119 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2022  10:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Overdipped and retoned. Not seeing any original skin based on these pics. AU Details for me. I personally would never do any business with Canyon City. Overprocessed pics and and a history of over dipped/cleaned coins . They also seem to have a cult like following of overpaying buyers. Would be a return for me, depending on the price paid.
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2022  01:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coin_coin_guy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all. I will be returning
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
19678 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2022  01:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
High condition, but eye appeal does not appeal. I think that if the original blast white luster had remained, it would be worth considerably more. It would be certainly easier to find a willing buyer.
Nevertheless, any coin at the right (advantageous) price has the possibility of finding a place in my collection.

How much you paid for it should have a great bearing on the decision to keep it or not. In it's own way, it is still a nice coin, but keep in mind the price.

The decision to grade is dependent on the probable value after grading, that would justify grading and return shipping fees.
As a rule of thumb, that value is currently around $150, from what I glean from other CCF'ers opinions.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1706 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2022  01:52 am  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-55 Details Cleaned, old whitman folder-like toning. I would return immediately. Canyon City Coin is tricky, they have so many returns but none of those people can leave feedback. So at first glance he seems like a good seller, but upon closer inspection you'll find problem coins for extraordinary prices.
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2022  02:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coin_coin_guy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you everyone. I learned my lesson. Raw eBay coins, require I do my homework from this forum before making a purchase. I've bought raw before and had them graded, but when this coin arrived I right away knew it didn't look right. The seller has a 30 day return policy, so I will be sending it back.
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 340Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: