Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1958-D RPM/ Can't Seem To Match Up? May Not Be RPM At All? So Hard For Me. Help?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 370Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
707 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2022  3:24 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I can match up the easy ones (duh) but I seem to remember posting a 1981 Lincoln that looked very similar and the board (and coop) said it was MD. This is the spot I get hung up on. When I see split serifs top and bottom automatically I think RPM? Please enlighten me one more time on this particular point. As always you guys and gals are a great help. I don't always say thank you but I always appreciate it. There were 15 or more in this roll so before I save it I will wait on answers. Could possibly get a ms-66 on this coin also? BIGFISH
Edited by grospoisson
06/19/2022 3:25 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9203 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2022  4:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
it is an RPM, (you seem to be stuck on 1958-D Lincoln cents these days)
as for the RPM you need to learn how to read the reference sites. I like Variety vista the most, but there are others as well.
I'll try to see if I can get a match, but I think you need to try as well.
Edited by Dearborn
06/20/2022 08:08 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9203 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
707 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2022  5:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
t is an RPM, (you seem to be stuck on 1958-D Lincoln cents these days)
as for the RPM you need to learn hoe to read the reference sites. I like Variety vista the most, but there are others as well.
I'll try to see if I can get a match, but I think you need to try as well.

Every time I think it's an RPM , I immediately do to variety vista and search every listed RPM. Whenever I can't match it up Or I am not sure I post a picture. I promise you I don't run to the CCF immediately. Only after 20 or 30 minutes searching. Unfortunately the only source I have is variety vista. I can't seem to locate other sources. For some reason I thought one had to be a member of Lincoln resource or have the book) to look up that info? I don't know why I thought that. If you have a link other than variety vista and can share I sure would appreciate it. As for the 1958-d , I was going through my roll collection year by year. I am not a RPM collector, just trying to learn. Matter of fact I just finished 1958-d, now on to 1959-d (to hot to go fishing 98 with 107 heat index here). I actually have 12 rolls of 1958-d and don't know why (this is over a two year period). I always appreciate your help though.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9203 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2022  5:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thats fine, we are here to help, but we are also here to pass on what we have learned also. But can you post up a new image of the date and mm together - close up, if you can.
Pillar of the Community
United States
707 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2022  6:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Since I have no clue as to which RPM it is , I am not sure on what to focus on in pics (sorry hope this helps)
Pillar of the Community
United States
8845 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2022  12:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are three external sources you can check ( not sure why you cannot access all of them) but a value resource for rpms in right here on CCF. The is a search box on the top left hand side of every page here on CCF. I am certain you would find answers you seek in past pages here on CCF.
ša va bien aller

Pillar of the Community
United States
627 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2022  01:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CentSation to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't let these people deter you, the RPMs from the late 50's and early 60's are numerous. Several of the split-serif types aren't even documented. Just post a decent/clear straight-away pic of the date and mintmark and someone on this site will get to work on figuring out what it is. That is what they do -- Most people like to solve a mystery.
Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves -- Witch Hunt
Bedrock of the Community
United States
45167 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2022  05:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We all need to check all three reference sites:
http://www.coppercoins.com/advsearch.php
http://varietyvista.com/
http://doubleddie.com/
Then if you think you found a match post here on CCF with the attribution number. If you don't find a match (after checking all three sites) then post here on CCF for more help.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9203 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2022  08:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
(to hot to go fishing 98 with 107 heat index here

only 98? I consider that to be a very cool summer day here where I'm at (try 115 flat temp then add the heat index...)
Thanks for the extra pictures. Let me go have a look.
Your latest one looks to be an RPM-007
http://varietyvista.com/02a%20LC%20...8DRPM007.htm
By the way, Doing what you are doing is the best way to find errors - By looking at a set of coins by date/mint (same date-same mint.)
Edited by Dearborn
06/20/2022 08:17 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
707 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2022  09:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
only 98? I consider that to be a very cool summer day here where I'm at (try 115 flat temp then add the heat index...)
Thanks for the extra pictures. Let me go have a look.

I will never complain again. Believe it or not , the hotter the better for crappie fishing. I create structure and they really gang up around that brush in the heat of the day. It's just too hot for the fisherman, not the fish. I really do try to look them up myself. I just get hung up on the die markers or the stage. I have only been searching OBW rolls actually looking for a really good one to submit. Before I save the roll I check for BIE errors and RPMS. I am wondering sometimes if I am finding an earlier or later stage where there isn't a gouge or die crack or more polish lines. I actually have found several that I didn't post a picture because it was obvious. A couple of them I thought were really obvious but cool to see so I posted a picture.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 370Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: