Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1968 Uncirculated Coin Set

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 401Next Topic  

Canada
30 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2022  03:55 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Tdogg4280 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello. I noticed on the Penny in this set there is a Die Crack to the left of the Queens head and wondering if it adds any value to the coin set or is it just something thats unique or for certain collectors interested in things like this?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3099 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2022  04:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It does appear to be a die crack, is it raised? I believe a die crack like this would hold a small premium to the right collector.
Canada
30 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2022  05:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tdogg4280 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes it is raised
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3099 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2022  05:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I couldn't give you a value, I have seen large die cracks for anywhere from 2$ upwards to 50$even. No idea how thale market works for selling them, I imagine there is people who would use them for die attribution, maybe there was not many coins struck and the crack happened quickly and the die was pulled, so who knows if there is tens of thousands of examples or hundreds etc.

Maybe SPP-Ottawa has seen and it before or one of the other Canadian cent experts, hopefully they can shed more light when they are on next.
Edited by Wrekkdd
06/21/2022 05:51 am
Canada
30 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2022  07:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tdogg4280 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well Thanks for the reply. I appreciate your opinion wrekkdd and have learnt alot from your comments. Thanks!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3099 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2022  10:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a problem, I always enjoy seeing things I have yet to come across myself. I think there may be recordings of different die events in a book but I have yet to get it. If your lucky one of the pros will chime in lol.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 401Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: