Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Listing On Ebay: "This Is PCGS Swapped Coin!"

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 294Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3322 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2022  5:31 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I found an ebay listing that is being used to say that PCGS is swapping submitted coins for different coins. The seller lists a number of things that happened, along with PCGS replies to his questions.

He even says that PCGS may stop grading coins.

ANA Member ID: 3203813 - CONECA Member ID: N-5637
"Shine, shine a Roosevelt dime. All the way to Baltimore and runnin' out of time." Tom Waits-Clap Hands

Pillar of the Community
United States
1761 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2022  5:39 pm  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like some lint on the slab. And is that a Washington quarter in the last few photos? Even if PCGS did swap the coin, there is no reason why this coin is more valuable than the next.
Pillar of the Community
United States
524 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2022  6:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cointagous to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Strange story to go along with this supposed rarity. The double holed quarter is also a purported rarity.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284857156802
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9133 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2022  6:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What is he babbling about? I highly doubt that PCGS swaps coins, each order is tracked and covered by cameras at every point in the grading process From arrival and initial opening to slabbing and re-packaging for return.
Valued Member
United States
66 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2022  7:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dunkleosteus430 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What bugged me were the typos. Did anyone else see how he spelled "Membership"?
Also the all-caps.
I agree, though -- maybe the coins looked different in the holders, or, as is usually the case, the TrueView doesn't look exactly like the coin viewed by the naked eye.

Just a quick question -- what does this this thing mean?
--->
Edit: Nevermind. Beating a dead horse. I see it in a lot of
"Blah blah blah error" discussions with parking lot coins.
Edited by dunkleosteus430
06/22/2022 9:08 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
8531 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2022  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
An interesting 'stream of consciousness' listing. Seller would make a great Air Traffic Controller.
United States
42 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2022  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add LuckyPunk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Holy cow, that was tough to read,lol. I was hoping someone else saw that. Every third word was spelled INCORECDLIE. Seems like a nut. The interesting part was when they claimed that PCGS actually gave them a settlement offer. I wonder what it was? Imagine the emails the seller sent to them...ha.
$35K seems a bit high.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
68959 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2022  10:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nut case, done my best to report this obvious scam.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3108 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2022  10:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow that was a tough description to read. Even if the coin was swapped out it doesn't make it special imo, and 30k... Pass.
Pillar of the Community
United States
590 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2022  12:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Extremely neurotic person

Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 294Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: