Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1829 Capped Bust Half Dollar You Vs Seg

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 286Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
121 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2022  11:10 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add ae802000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This is my most recent purchase a little out of my league but yolo. Looking for what you guys think

Pillar of the Community
United States
9085 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2022  11:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
au53 with an older cleaning which is retoning. I think it is 50/50 that it details for cleaning but we see obviously cleaned coins in straight graded slabs all the time and nice coins in details slabs a little less often. little bit of a crapshoot with this coin.
IN NECESSARIIS UNITAS - IN DUBIIS LIBERTAS - IN OMNIBUS CARITAS
Highlights of my coin collection: https://coins.www.collectors-societ...aspx?s=31920
Help me optimize my photo setup: http://goccf.com/t/411871
Pillar of the Community
United States
3625 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2022  11:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
XF Details cleaned. Looks like a Overton 105.

I am putting the SEG at AU53.
Edited by Slider23
06/23/2022 11:41 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
728 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2022  06:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kenwright396 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll also go with XF details
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17462 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2022  08:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-53 , looks cleaned .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
68957 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2022  08:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with AU-53, good shot at straight.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12222 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2022  08:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
this one is not easy to assess due to strike issues. all the lettering on the rev is sharp as well as the 2 leaves under the wing. almost everything we are seeing here is strike related

the obv is even weaker. the only sharp detail is the date and the stars on the left side.

maybe an old cleaning but I think it has a chance to grade straight. I'm not sure a TPG can get this coin to Mid-AU. i'll net grade it to XF45

Bedrock of the Community
United States
23914 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2022  09:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
EF-40 and probably straight grade. Too much wear above liberty's eye, cap, chest.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1758 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2022  09:38 am  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am really unsure of what is strike and what is wear without examining in hand. Both sides are lacking details to the same degree, so there is most certainly a good amount of wear. Poor strikes can leave one side sharp and the other side incomplete. There is a minute amount of luster around the devices. I give this coin an XF-45. I don't see a chance at AU and the poor strike really hurts this coin. I see an old cleaning.
Valued Member
United States
121 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2022  5:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ae802000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The seg slab says xf 45 details
Thanks for your opinions everyone
Edited by ae802000
06/23/2022 5:43 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 286Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: