Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1953-D Lincoln Need Help For Grading And Possibility Error

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 28 / Views: 981Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

Indonesia
96 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2022  05:14 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Solo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Dear all CCF,

Here is the seller picture, still wait for the package.
Just love the doubled on front face. especially on lips.
Just wonder how this happen. Because I didn't see any doubled on other area.

Thank you in advance.

Solo

I will upload another picture as soon as the package in hand.
Learn More...
United States
24159 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2022  05:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@solo, I look forward to see your pics, because I can't see well enough with the sellers pics to determine doubling. Rather, all I'm seeing is the result of someone who should have flattered his staples.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Valued Member
Indonesia
96 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2022  07:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Solo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your reply Spence.
To bad to have the damage.

I will post the picture as soon the coin in hand.

Stay health Spence.
Learn More...
United States
24159 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2022  08:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thx @solo. Hopefully it is only the clear plastic that is torn and the coin itself isn't scratched.

This situation is exactly why we so ardently advocate for collectors to flatten the staples on their 2x2s!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
674 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2022  08:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CentSation to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can't see anything from your pics, either. I am guessing what you are seeing is what is called 'channeling' and is fairly common through the 50's LWCs.
Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves -- Witch Hunt
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10325 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70157 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2022  09:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nothing unusual I can see, but the pics are small.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9124 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2022  3:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
photos too small. Hope you didn't pay much for this.
ša va bien aller

Valued Member
Indonesia
96 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2022  05:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Solo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello folks,
My apologize for too long to update.

Anyway, thanks God my mother health getting better, after medical check up last week, her cholesterol was 274, and her blood pressure was high.

Ok, back to the topic.
Finally I got this in hand, but too bad my phone camera resolution didn't work proper.

Obverse 1:

Obverse 2 different angle:

Reverse:

I pay for about $1.5 for this.

My home work is to find a better camera to get the picture sharp.
Thank you.

Valued Member
Indonesia
96 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2022  06:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Solo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To Spence, you were right about the scracth is only in the plastic.

To CentSation, I read a bit about channeling soon after you post it. But, channeling is too narrow than this. Just my opinion.

But, if I may share what was cross in my mind is:

1. Is there any chance if the coin was struck over another Lincoln?
2. it's only a bag mark?

But here I try the 1 point, this coin was struck over another coin.
I try to reconstruct this 1953-D with 1968-D Lincoln Wheat penny.

And this is the result.

I need any thought from all of you folks. What I saw on this Lincoln will be different with yours.
I appreciated for everything.
And my apologize, if my picture wasn't clear enough.

Solo
Edited by Solo
07/03/2022 06:09 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10325 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2022  09:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm curious as to why you are comparing a 53 to a 68 cent. If you are going to compare an 'impaired' coin to a normal one, it is better to use the same year as design elements have during the 15 years that have passed between these 2 coins.
I am curious about the area around the lips of Lincoln. Is that a reflection or something else?
Valued Member
Indonesia
96 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2022  12:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Solo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Dearborn, I believe it's not reflection. a few picture show at the different angle keep show the lips is doubled.
Also the letters of 'We Trust' still shows it was there.

I've tried to compare with another Lincoln, but seem no fit at all.
But when I compare with 1968 Lincoln it's fit on the reverse too.
First, it's look struck to the east, so I try to slide it to the east side.

What make me compare this 1953 and 1968 was the mark on the 3 of the date.
For me it's form of 6. So I try to figure it 196, but the question is what year after that from 0-9? So the result is the 8.

The 8 number is faded, I will try to focus on 8 for the next photo.

Oh ya, the reverese also show many mark of the building and letters also.
i'll posted later.

Solo

I take the picture using my iphone.

Valued Member
Indonesia
96 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2022  01:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Solo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You were right Dearborn, the date can be vary after 196, it range from 0-9.
So I try another date.

Solo
Pillar of the Community
United States
674 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2022  03:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CentSation to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
one word: Pareidolia

edit:
regarding your mother's cholesterol, a more important measure is the HDL to LDL ratio.

I am curious to know: Living in Indonesia, is English your first language?
Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves -- Witch Hunt
Edited by CentSation
07/04/2022 04:29 am
Valued Member
Indonesia
96 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2022  09:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Solo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

one word: Pareidolia

edit:
regarding your mother's cholesterol, a more important measure is the HDL to LDL ratio.

I am curious to know: Living in Indonesia, is English your first language?

Thank you CentSation for your advices about my mother. I'll keep that in mind

My first language is Indonesia, English is my second language after Balinesse, Javanesse and Sundanesse language.

I'm sorry, there's a lot of error in my grammar.

Back to the coins.
It's hard for me to just say this might be Pareidolia as you said before. However, i'll take it as Pareidolia.

I believe it was struck over another Lincoln coins. That's why his lips slightly move to east side.

i'll post another next.

And I'm sorry if it's take me too long to respond. Because I have to take care my mother.

Once again, thank you CentSation. Nice to talk to you. Stay health.
Feel like home in CCF, where I can learn something new in this hobbies.

Solo
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10325 Posts
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 28 / Views: 981Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: