Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Bay State Coin Show 2022

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 1,009Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
647 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2022  8:02 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Bay State Coin Show 2022
2022, July 29, 30

http://www.baystatecoinshow.com/

July 29-30, 2022........ANNUAL....

BAY STATE COIN SHOW

Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel . . . FREE PARKING !

181 Boston Post Road West...(rt 20 west)

Marlborough, MA 01752

(Mass Pike to Route 495 North, Exit 63B Route 20 West 1 mile to Best Western Hotel on right)

Bay State Coin Show is the East Coast's foremost coin show as well as the oldest commercial COIN show in the U.S.A.! Bay State was named one of the TOP 10 COIN SHOWS IN THE U.S.A. by "Coinage Magazine." Bay State has run every single year since the first show in 1964.

At the typical Bay State Coin Show, dealers are in attendance from Ireland, Canada, Michigan, Washington, Ohio, Alabama, Colorado, Minnesota, Texas, Oklahoma, Illinois, North Carolina, South Carolina, Nebraska, Florida, Virginia, Delaware, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, California, Wisconsin, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Maryland, and Massachusetts.

Show Hours:
Friday 10 - 7

Saturday 10 - 4

Admission......$9.oo
Pillar of the Community
United States
647 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2022  8:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just accidently posted the same show because it didn't show on the calendar view... jeffbuckes: not sure if you can edit your post so it shows up? If the mods don't mind, we can just pretend there is no double-posting... shhhhhhhhhhhh.........

Pillar of the Community
United States
571 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2022  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jeffbuckes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Nells250 - I requested the mods add this to the calendar...
Pillar of the Community
United States
647 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2022  2:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I may go to the show on Friday, not sure. I've only been to one show, and we arrived late to that one! We'll see... it might be fun to just walk around and see in person coins I see online.
Pillar of the Community
United States
571 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2022  9:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jeffbuckes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll be at the show Saturday - gonna try to get there early before any dealers leave.

I have a bag of 36 Franklin Mint silver medals to sell - so I can buy other silver :)
Learn More...
United States
116100 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2022  12:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I merged the newer replies from the old topic.

As I said there, I am not sure what will happen if I merge the two topics. Since the other one is older than this one it may remove it from the calendar if I merged them.
Pillar of the Community
United States
647 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2022  09:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know I am new to the Coin World, but I am rather amazed at the lack of info on the show's website AND Facebook page. And when I looked at a coin magazine's site, the show isn't listed... Largest show in Massachusetts? Oldest commercial show in the US? And yet no info on vendors, etc?

Major stamp shows have sites that may still be simple but share lots of info to attract potential attendees. I don't get it... maybe it's just me...
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2022  12:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hope all who attend have a great time and pick up nice coins for their collections.

KK
Pillar of the Community
United States
571 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2022  2:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jeffbuckes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Nells250 -

I know what you mean, their one-page website is NOT very informative. But it's a legit show. In my other thread I mentioned that this show used to be in downtown Boston but parking and hotel rooms for vendors was too expensive.

They moved the show out to the 'burbs awhile ago. There was no show in 2020 and I missed the 2021 show. So my experience from 2019 is:

Show is in a large hall at a hotel off 495. Lots of free parking. There were at least 100 tables there with a little bit of everything. Bullion, coins, banknotes, etc. A couple clubs set up tables just to discuss the hobby. Saw some very nice 19th century error coins on display there. The selling floor was very active. In fact, the ATM in the lobby ran out of cash!

I wrote to the event organizer a couple weeks ago to ask for a list of vendors. I'm looking for 3 dealers in particular. They replied right away and said they don't publish a list. There have been some heists at shows around the country and security is paramount.

But yah, it's a big show. I'll be there Saturday. Please let us know if you go and what you think!
Pillar of the Community
United States
647 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2022  4:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
In my other thread I mentioned that this show used to be in downtown Boston but parking and hotel rooms for vendors was too expensive.

I BET! Boston is notoriously short of affordable hotel and show space!

Quote:
... and said they don't publish a list. There have been some heists at shows around the country and security is paramount.

I never thought of that. Stamp shows also get naughty people, but I suppose there are more of them wanting to target something as easy to deal in as coins.
Pillar of the Community
United States
647 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2022  5:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wellp, I went to the show today and it went rather well. I got a decent deal on something along with a couple of "$5 bin" items as well. The dealers were for the most part pretty nice. Actually less pushy than stamp dealers! :-)
Pillar of the Community
United States
571 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2022  7:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jeffbuckes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glad to hear that @Nells250 -

Was the floor busy? Lots of vendors and buyers? Bigger than you expected or just as I described from my last visit in 2019?

Just wondering if anything changed since the pandemic. I'm going tomorrow morning and look forward to it!
Pillar of the Community
United States
647 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2022  8:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
JEFF - I would say BUSY, but remember I have only been to one other show, and it was at the end of the day then!

I didn't see any clubs. There were lots of older coins, a smattering of modern silver, some nice paper money (drool), and some $1/$5/$10 boxes for people like me ;-) Not a huge amount of spillover into other rooms, but there were some dealers in the hall and in the FOOD room. Seemed busy for a Friday. And I actually saw a couple of WOMEN there!!! (GASP!)
Pillar of the Community
United States
571 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2022  7:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jeffbuckes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Had a great time at the show today. Place was just as busy as I remembered. At least 100 tables, probably way more. I always forget to count! Dealers in the main hall and a couple side halls too. Everying from ancient coins to modern bullion with banknotes and tokens and error coins etc etc. Business was swift. As I sat at one table selling some silver the dealer bought stacks of silver and gold from two others sellers. Fun to watch tubes of Eagles flying left and right! Very few lonely dealers today!

I sold quite a bit - got some good prices and walked away very happy. If you're in the Boston area this is by far the best show every year. Wish it were still downtown, but that's just me.

See ya next year.
Pillar of the Community
United States
647 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2022  11:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Words from a more experienced collector! :-) :-) :-)
Learn More...
United States
116100 Posts
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 1,009Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: