Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Have Squire An Iraq 50 Dinars But Not Sure. Help Identifying

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 504Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
82 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2022  1:25 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add rkennedy1945 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I received an Iraq 50 Dinars which has an unusual and abnormal gold engraving on the left obverse side of the bill. This was n a book purchased from an estate sale of foreign notes and food war coupons. I have researched this in every manner I know. Some say it is fake but I do not believe that. I am hoping someone can interpret the decal or imprint. It is clearly a gold inlay. I am attaching pictures hoping someone can give me some information. Thank you all in advance.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1818 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2022  4:11 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I saw your note & query posted on CT & the member @Ewomack linked a similar item (50 Dinars from Iraq) with a similar overprint he found listed on eBay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1151304514...s&media=COPY

Below, I have quoted the Portuguese seller's description:

Quote:
he overprint ARABIC IN GOLD ON THE TOP LEFT HAND CORNER , translated it says "ALI" who was the brother of the prophet Muhammad , it is believed to be an Iranian overprint against the newly liberated Iraq and ... We also received some information that these notes were part of a set printed for the HAJJ Ramadam

While the imprint on the eBay 50 Dinars looks different than yours, I wouldn't be surprised if your note was from the same people/organization & the note commemorates Ramadan.

Quote:
This was n a book purchased from an estate sale of foreign notes and food war coupons.

If you got this note in a book than that should be your best source of info (& I'm not sure why you're asking this question). The book should explain the note (what it commemorates). Does the book lack info or is it in the same script? I wish I could help more but I believe @ewomack has given you the best lead.
  Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 504Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.24 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: