Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Contest By Dearborn Is Here! Double Elimination Rules Apply

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 180 / Views: 7,908Next Topic
Page: of 12
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12352 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12352 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2022  6:22 pm  Show Profile   Check Dearborn's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK! the packages are signed, sealed, and addressed for mailing tomorrow.
I sent out an e-mail to each of you with your tracking numbers to watch (I paid for the absolute slowest form of delivery I could find )
I hope you will like what you get in the boxes-

(I also added 15 1930's Wheat cent coins AND 2 very rare error coins to each of you as well.)
I look forward to your responses when you get the items.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3779 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2022  6:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the contest, Dearborn! Even though I was out in the first round, I had fun! Can't wait to see what the prizes are for your next milestone contest!
ANA ID: 3203813 - CONECA ID: N-5637

Clothes Dryers are the Coin's natural enemy. NEVER store your coin collection in a dryer. This has been a Yokozuna Public Service Announcement. dryer coin
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12352 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12352 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
4165 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2022  11:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, looking forward to getting it! I'd bet I'll get it first, too, since USPS won't have much ground to cover!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1295 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2022  12:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My tracking currently shows Friday delivery. However, if it goes through the Little Rock distribution center it'll probably be here ahead of schedule, but if it's Memphis I'll probably get it next week sometime .

Once again, Dearborn, congrats on the big milestone, and thank you for the contest!
My U.S. Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278808/
My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
My 20th Century U.S. Type Set - Proofs only, No Gold https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/co...sets/396301/
Pillar of the Community
United States
585 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2022  2:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cointagous to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks again for the contest. Always fun!!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12352 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2022  2:17 pm  Show Profile   Check Dearborn's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Thanks, looking forward to getting it! I'd bet I'll get it first, too, since USPS won't have much ground to cover!

Yep about 15 miles as the crow flies!
But about 150 miles as USPS drives......
Pillar of the Community
United States
4165 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2022  10:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As predicted, I got my package and prize today! Love it when USPS can do next day shipping! Thanks so much for the RFK silver dollar and JFK silver half dollar set. I had never seen the RFK commemorative dollar in hand before. The bonus 1930's wheat cents look great. And to top it off, I got two truly rare (and possibly unique) mint errors that I've pictured below. The Washington quarter is especially amazing--I can't believe they let it escape from the mint like that. And the Shield cent struck on the wrong planchet! Hard to know how they even found a blank planchet shaped like a bowl! I'll add some pics of the RFK and JFK coins tomorrow. Thanks again for the fun contest and excellent prizes!

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12352 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
4165 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2022  2:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are the pics of the Kennedy coins I received. Thanks again @Dearborn for the great prize!

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12352 Posts
Valued Member
United States
356 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2022  10:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SpeedDemonND to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dearborn, I just received my prize. Can't wait to play around with the microscope in the coming days. Also, thanks for the wheaties and the error coins. I've never seen a coin like the quarter with what looks like a sandwiched, recessed reed. Thanks again for a wonderful contest.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1295 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2022  10:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I received my nice prize from Dearborn today. Here is the beautiful 1990 Prestige Set I received (sorry about the quality of the pics, I just took them sitting at my desk).

And, like Zurie, I was fortunate to receive some extras from Dearborn that he must not have realized had great value! Both are incredible mint errors; the first is a Washington quarter which obviously had some serious problems with the die and/or planchet. It must be really rare. And, before you say it, NO, you don't need to see the other side of the coin nor do you need to know the weight - it's obvious this is a mint error! The second is the really astounding one, though - a concave Lincoln Memorial cent! I know the mint has made concave coins before, such as the baseball, basketball and Apollo 11 commemoratives, so there must have been a huge mixup here! This is most likely unique!!! The fact that the first concave coins were not issued by the mint until 6 years after the last Memorial cent is completely irrelevant. I can probably sell this one for thousands on Etsy. Sorry, Dearborn, your loss is my gain...

All kidding aside, this was a wonderfully generous prize, and once again I'd like to thank Dearborn for this and his interesting contest. And, one last congrats on the milestone!

My U.S. Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278808/
My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
My 20th Century U.S. Type Set - Proofs only, No Gold https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/co...sets/396301/
Edited by hokiefan_82
08/26/2022 12:51 am
Page: of 12 Previous TopicReplies: 180 / Views: 7,908Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.46 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: