Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Collector: Need Lots Of Training. Trying To Learn.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 623Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
50 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2022  10:50 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add kook_ds to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I hope this is the right place to post.
I am a new collector and am soaking up as much knowledge on coins as my little brain can handle.
I reside in Normangee, TX with my wonderful wife of 32 years. I am a disabled vet and need something to do inside sometimes. Can't take the heat anymore!
Glad to be here with you all.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
46556 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2022  04:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
961 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2022  04:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
20062 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2022  08:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
kook_ds: we are glad to have you with us, and to the CCF !

I had an uncle who served with the Americal 6th Army Division** at Guadalcanal. I have a copy of his rather extensive memoirs. Later, He was appointed as their official historian and artist.

Your good wife will always be the most valuable thing to appreciate.
If the heat bothers you, get into the smallest A/C room in the house to save energy costs.
Have your collection, and perhaps a companion dog or cat with you.
Make sure your good wife always gets appreciated when she brings you a cup of coffee.

**The only US Army unit to have seen combat in the Southern Hemisphere.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17910 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2022  09:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To CCF , From one Vet to another . Well you've come to the right place if you want to learn about coins . There are a lot of people here experienced in all coins U.S. and world .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Learn More...
United States
116290 Posts
Valued Member
United States
84 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2022  3:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoffeeTime to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Thank you for serving My step dad is a retired marine.

Find out if your local library offers free digital magazines. There is good reading there. Join ANA too
Pillar of the Community
United States
5083 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2022  10:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1129 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  12:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
and thank you for your service. I was 16 when my dad retired from the Navy in 1975 on full disability after 21 years of service.

Collecting coins is a fascinating hobby, and you've come to the right place to learn. There are also amazing resources online for pretty much any area where your collecting interests lie.
My U.S. Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278808/
My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
My 20th Century U.S. Type Set - Proofs only, No Gold https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/co...sets/396301/
Edited by hokiefan_82
08/18/2022 12:11 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
21166 Posts
 Posted 08/26/2022  10:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
A cultivated person is a citizen of the world*
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2022  4:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kook_ds to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5649 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2022  5:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the Forum. You've come to a phenomenal place to share and learn. Explore and Enjoy!
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Pillar of the Community
Australia
576 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2022  6:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 623Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.43 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: