Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

HI All New Member From Pennsylvania

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 349Next Topic  

United States
1 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2022  01:43 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Revil41 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi all! I am from Erie, Pa. I have just begun over the last several months to watch coin videos on YouTube and read subjects on various coin forums. I have saved coins over my 63 years and decided it's about time to check them out(actually I needed a hobby, I was to bored). I have read articles on DDO's and DDR's, planchet errors.clips etc etc. So I did not want to sound too clueless when I posted. So I am here to pick yours brains and try not to make you face plant too many times. Oh and by the way my name is Doug.
Edited by Revil41
08/19/2022 01:46 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
46588 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2022  07:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Ignore most of the videos on YouTube.Our member coop has videos you can believe.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
9359 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2022  07:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Get yourself to a coin show, as soon as practical!
Learn More...
United States
116343 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Australia
578 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2022  08:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
United States
409 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2022  08:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

You can learn from anything and anyone - web sites, videos, books, community boards like this one and other people but you need to devote a small portion of your time ongoing to learning in order to become good at something.

Youtube has quite alot of good videos on the subject, just keep in mind that because a video has a large number of views does not mean its content is 100% accurate in all cases, same even goes for posters who have lots of posts does not necessarily mean they are an expert on first glance, so it just means to double check info when possible until you know which sources are more reliable.
Valued Member
United States
84 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2022  6:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoffeeTime to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Find a 2023 Red Book. The reference side of this site has good info too. There's lots of garbage out there on YouTube for coin collecting.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1135 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2022  01:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the forum!
My U.S. Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278808/
My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
My 20th Century U.S. Type Set - Proofs only, No Gold https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/co...sets/396301/
Bedrock of the Community
United Kingdom
10954 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2022  03:45 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
from England!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5083 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2022  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
21207 Posts
 Posted 08/26/2022  10:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
A cultivated person is a citizen of the world*
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 349Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: