Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2017 $1 Australian Coin Die Clash

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 654Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Australia
799 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  05:51 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Die clash is on obverse the number 1 and neck and chin of queen clashed on it partially.next photo is reverse mirrored with obverse.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
799 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  05:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
Australia
799 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  05:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not the best but it's hard to find on $1 & $2 coins.i will keep trying thou.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
799 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  06:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't make out what is clashed on body of kangaroo maybe more experienced might get what's there.
Learn More...
Australia
14824 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  09:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Allcoinage: I have edited your title. Please don't do that again.

And no, there's no die clash here. We keep telling you, it's just damage. Die clashes rarely, if ever, happen on the devices (the raised parts) of a coin. They almost always happen in the fields immediately next to the devices.

Your 5 cent die clash is a genuine die clash. None of the others you have posted are.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
Pillar of the Community
Australia
799 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  7:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

So this is not a clash either &
Learn More...
Australia
14824 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  9:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Um, no, not that I can see.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
Valued Member
Australia
364 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  11:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gnome to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't like jumping in any further with any of these coin clash posts, but I think there is a minor clash mark on the reverse, Sap.

Pillar of the Community
Australia
799 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2022  04:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes gnome I also spotted it
Pillar of the Community
Australia
799 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2022  04:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Was just making sure it wasn't a magic coin.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
799 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2022  04:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Only because I have thrown away a coin previously that was actually a clash and was told by sap that there was nothing there.
Learn More...
Australia
14824 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2022  06:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ah, that little spot in the field-depth gap between the eye and claw. Yes, that looks like it might be a minor clash. I was distracted by the damage elsewhere (like on the echidna's forehead above the eye) and didn't see it.

And that is indeed where a clash will occur: in the fields, at the low points of the coin. Yes, it's surrounded by devices, but it's as low, if not lower, than the fields.

So, back to your dollar. You say there's a clash beneath the queen's chin? I can see something there, but can't tell if it's a clash, damage or just a stain. It still doesn't look like what I'd expect a clash to look like in that area. Maybe try a different photo, with better lighting?

And there shouldn't be anything on the kangaroo body; its all too high-relief to take a clash.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
799 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2022  09:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Too late I already disposed of it at bank omg lol.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
799 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2022  10:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes the second bulge on chin it was, too late
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 654Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: