Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Hi, Can You Help Me Identify These Coins?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 592Next Topic  

Jordan
3 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  07:38 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Aretas to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Learn More...
United States
118320 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Spain
2641 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  10:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Palouche to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

1st coin...Valentinian I...Victory reverse.

2nd coin...Maximian...Genius reverse.

3rd coin...Galerius...Genius reverse.
Edited by Palouche
09/27/2022 10:42 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
693 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  10:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add livingwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to CCF! Please crop your photos in the future before posting, no need to see so much background and rotate pics so coins are are not turned. I think the preference is just one coin per post. Number 4 may be Constantine I divus but it's pretty worn. Number 5 looks Greek to me.
Edited by livingwater
09/27/2022 10:57 am
Valued Member
United States
321 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  11:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Badger Mint to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Last coin is a modern fake.
Jordan
3 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  5:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Aretas to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thx guys, I have an opportunity to buy these. Would you recommend buying? I am not a collector myself (yet).
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
20345 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  6:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the CCF !

I agree: most probably more than one of coins pictured is a tourist copy fake.
Due diligence required before deciding to buy.
Search Google Images: 'tourist copy fakes of ancient coins',
to get a visual idea of what tourist copy fakes look like.
then,
go to the VCOINS website: ancient coins,
and search:
'Valentinian 1 Victory reverse',
'Maximian Genius reverse,
and
'Galerius Genius reverse',
as Palouche has already identified.
Learn More...
Australia
14806 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  8:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm pretty sure the first one is not genuine either. Kind of has the "Bulgarian face" to it.

With one coin out of five definitely fake, and a question mark on at least one other, I'd steer clear of them. The seller either doesn't know fake from real, or does know and is lying to you.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
Learn More...
United States
25422 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  9:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These would be a pass for me too.

Added: Are you in Amman? As I recall, there were a couple places with coins near the Hashemite Plaza.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Jordan
3 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  04:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Aretas to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am sorry 8 should have clarified this before.

The first 4 are from a seller offered to me. He told me he found them in Petra, Jordan.

The last one however is already mine, bought from a bedouine lady table sale.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 592Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: