Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Newest Commemoratives Coins From Mexican Mint 2022

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 481Next Topic  
Mexico
25 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2022  8:17 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Lion Alchemist to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Today The Bank of mexico has released the last commemorative coin from 2022. It is a 20 peso coin celebrating 200 years from the creation of the Marine mexican Army. Coin arrives 1 year latter from the original conmemoration which was commemorated on octuber 4, 2021. Here the coin.

On August 8, the Bank of Mexico also put into circulation a new 20-peso coin for the 100th anniversary of the arrival of the Mennonites in Mexico. This is my coin.

Both coins have a diameter of 30 millimeters, a weight of 12.67 grams, and a dodecagonal shape.

At this time, 4.5 million coins have been minted for the arrival of the Mennonites and it is not yet known how many of the bicentennial of the Mexican Navy. Best regards.

Edited by Lion Alchemist
10/04/2022 8:18 pm
Pillar of the Community
Germany
844 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2022  02:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add redlock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the update about the new ''Navy'' coin.

Question:
Wasn't there talk some time ago that the new dodecagonal 20 Peso coins were supposed to replace the 20 Peso banknote in Mexico?
Mintage for these 20 Peso coins seems to be too low to replace the 20 Peso banknote.
Furthermore, I have recently read that 2022-dated Bicentennial of Mexican Independence 20 Peso notes entered circulation. So, clearly, there is a need for the banknotes.
Finally, do the dodecagonal 20 Peso coins actually circulate in Mexico?
Mexico
25 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2022  4:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lion Alchemist to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Question:
Wasn't there talk some time ago that the new dodecagonal 20 Peso coins were supposed to replace the 20 Peso banknote in Mexico?
Mintage for these 20 Peso coins seems to be too low to replace the 20 Peso banknote.
Furthermore, I have recently read that 2022-dated Bicentennial of Mexican Independence 20 Peso notes entered circulation. So, clearly, there is a need for the banknotes.
Finally, do the dodecagonal 20 Peso coins actually circulate in Mexico?

Nice questions!

The 20-peso bill will be replaced by a coin of the same denomination but in the year 2025. That new coin will be a common coin and not a commemorative coin like the last 7 that the Bank of Mexico has put into circulation. However, it is my belief that these 20-peso commemorative coins are being pre-issued with the aim of promoting their use and getting people used to using a coin instead of a bill. In order to in 2025, the new common coin of 20 pesos can be easily inserted into the money.

As you mentioned, there is a high demand for 20 peso bills. That is why bills of this denomination are still printed. However, this demand also caused something unusual in Mexico. In recent years, the Bank of Mexico has ordered the re-strike of commemorative coins of past years, such as the 20-peso commemorative coin for the bicentennial of Mexico's independence.

The coin above was minted and put into circulation on 2021 and the oficial 2021 mintage was 24 millions of coins. However, during the year 2022 the Bank of Mexico has ordered to re-strike another 46 million coins (al least until june 2022) So the real mintage for this coin at this moment is 70 millions of coins. I've been following this on my channel. I share with you the amounts of coins ordered for minting until June 2022.

Finally, do they really circulate? In the main capitals of Mexico, yes, but in the vast majority of the country, no. Because they are still very few compared to other common coins and also because they have been hoarded by coin dealers. Which has made many people angry. Thank you for your interest in Mexico Redlock coins and bills. Greetings.

Valued Member
United States
116 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2022  5:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nycstlrr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like that Mennonite coin with the steam engine on it. Will have to try to get one of those.
Mexico
25 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2022  6:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lion Alchemist to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I like that Mennonite coin with the steam engine on it. Will have to try to get one of those.

Fun fact: Menonnites coin celebrates 100 years from the arrival of menonites to Mexico. All these menonites communites arrived by train (That they rented) from Canada to Chihuhua, México on March 8, 1922. The That's why the steam engine is on the coin reverse. It is said that, the arrived with their houses an even tractors. Greetings

Pillar of the Community
Germany
844 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2022  01:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add redlock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Lion Alchemist

Thank you very much for the very interesting and informative stuff about the 20 Peso coins and banknotes.

You might want to consider entering the mintage figures for the last couple of 20 Peso coins to numista. This data is sorely missed for the recent issues.
Edited by redlock
10/07/2022 03:10 am
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 481Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: