Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

"S" Mint 2022 Quarters

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 2,078Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
4849 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2022  12:38 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TheForce to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So what's the deal? These are quite expensive on eBay. I was looking at a Sally Ride listing and it says the rolls from the mint sold out in a minute. Any truth to that? What kind of mintages are we talking here?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2600 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2022  3:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure about the 1 min. thing. They were only available in the 3-roll box and not the 100 bags.
Pillar of the Community
United States
731 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2022  7:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll take a stab at mintage, Anna May Wong shows 7,620 sets available @ 40 coins = only 304,800. If so thats less than even the 1932 D and S. They might even be the lowest mintage Washington quarters period when its done. Those of course have far less survivability from being in circulation where these will be in uncirculated rolls so these are not likely to appreciate anywhere near to that extent. Condition was also a factor with those which wont be the case here if people just store the roll of coins you will have a lot of high grade examples that will exist long term.

In another change for 2022, the U.S. Mint is also no longer selling San Francisco-minted quarters in bags, and rolls of them will only be available as a part of a three-roll P,D,S set (40 each) now $54 up from $49.25. The Mint will continue to offer rolls and bags of quarters from the Philadelphia and Denver Mints. Most of these sets were 'pre sold' through enrollments and so few if any with that mintage will likely be available for release dates but you might try with a remind me if not in the enrollment. The Anna May Wong release date is Oct 25 but the others are sold out at the mint so you will have to check sold listings on ebay rather than the not yet sold listings on ebay to see what the actual current values are going for.

https://catalog.usmint.gov/american...at#statmp=no
Edited by datadragon
10/09/2022 7:51 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14022 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2022  10:34 pm  Show Profile   Check Dearborn's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Datadragon is correct. Which is why I buy 3 set from the mint. I have them on subscription (formerly known as 'Enrollment' on the Mints web site), I think most of the sets are being sold that way. I am keeping one set and selling the other 2. I get lots of messages from potential buyer if I have anymore. This tells me that most people will not be able to get a set directly from the mint.
Pillar of the Community
United States
731 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2022  11:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very forward thinking @Dearborn and a great way to both collect for yourself and add some profit either to fund your hobby or for other reasons. In this case the 304k are sold in only around 7,600 sets rather than 304k individual coins so its certainly possible for an entire set of 40 to disappear at once via survivability over time (or even multiple sets if 1 buyer bought several as you did) so there is a bit of possibility for even lower supply over time. I just was saying its lower than a 1932-d or s circulated coin. There is also certainly high demand which will increase being a popular series as the later collectors will want to go back and collect all the earlier releases. I dont see the demand falling over time either based on past quarter series. High demand combined with low supply is a great thing to spot ahead of time for potential speculation.

I also agree that the low mintage with high demand caused most sales to be eaten up by those with forward thinking like you who subscribed/enrolled and therefore will further increase demand since there are more people who want something than is available is always a great sign.
Learn More...
United States
120727 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2022  10:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Or you can just refuse to collect anything other than proof from the San Francisco mint.

I used to get them at the coin show, but I have not been to once since February 2020. There is one at the end of the month, maybe I will finally be brave enough to go this time.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4259 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2022  01:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Been out side if US I am OK. they give me the option to have just what I want. I will move back in US and I think I will follow JBuck way.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1180 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2022  2:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Would be interesting if they brought back the 100 coin bags in future years
Valued Member
United States
101 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2022  2:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bcuda to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I received notice from the mint,
that due to demand my subscription was changed from 3 sets to one set.
Anyone else get this ?

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14022 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2022  4:17 pm  Show Profile   Check Dearborn's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got the same notice last week - but I was reduced from 3 to 2 sets.

EDIT: Just went back and checked, I'm still subscribed for 2 sets, the there is still a HHL of 'NONE' for the 3-roll sets. So I'm guessing if you want more, you may have to get in lone on 'sale day' and fight the crowd.
Edited by Dearborn
10/23/2022 4:25 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
6683 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2022  8:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They changed me from 3 to 2 also.

Oh well, nothing can be done about it.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14022 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2022  9:35 pm  Show Profile   Check Dearborn's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The thing is I had 2 of my 3 (hope to purchase) 3-roll sets up for sale on eBay - one already sold, one didn't I'm glad I was able to cancel the sale of he other one before it sold and leave me with nothing for my own collection.
Learn More...
United States
120727 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2022  10:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The thing is I had 2 of my 3 (hope to purchase) 3-roll sets up for sale on eBay - one already sold, one didn't I'm glad I was able to cancel the sale of he other one before it sold and leave me with nothing for my own collection.
That is terrible!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14022 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
4849 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2022  11:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheForce to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The mint be mighty stingy with lower production runs...
Pillar of the Community
United States
4544 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2022  11:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is there much of an interest in this? I don't see it myself.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 2,078Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: