Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

First King Charles III Coin Announced

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 988Next Topic  

United Kingdom
3 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2022  7:01 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add peterh to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
The first Charles III coin has been revealed - a 50 pence with in my opinion a very attractive design.

Image from the BBC website.

Edited by peterh
10/28/2022 7:02 pm
Valued Member
Canada
477 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2022  9:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wallyb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dignified profile.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
20604 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2022  12:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Where is the date?
Pillar of the Community
Germany
844 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2022  01:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add redlock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Where is the date?

Take a good look at the 5 o'clock position on the reverse (the side with the four shields).
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
20604 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2022  08:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gotcha !
Learn More...
United States
120727 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2022  09:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice!

Quote:
Take a good look at the 5 o'clock position on the reverse (the side with the four shields).
Sneaky! I like it.
United Kingdom
31 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2022  6:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrmarktigger to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very interesting! I do like this design...
United Kingdom
31 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2022  6:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrmarktigger to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
P.S. Unless I'm wrong, it seems to include the four nations too...
Valued Member
United States
68 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2022  6:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Notatzaddik to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Of course, keeping with tradition he is facing the opposite side of that of the past monarch.
United Kingdom
31 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2022  6:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrmarktigger to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Note taken there @Notatzaddik. I'm a newbie, Thank you for that mate!
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
20604 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2022  8:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Has any country, other than the UK, announced C111 coins for circulation yet?
Learn More...
Australia
14957 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2022  10:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
P.S. Unless I'm wrong, it seems to include the four nations too...

That's fairly standard for British coinage these days.

With the four shields, again as is traditional, England is represented twice, and Scotland and (Northern) Ireland once. Wales doesn't get a shield, because it's "just a principality, not a Kingdom" and nominally part of the Kingdom of England. This also follows the patterning and arrangement of the four quarters of the coat of arms of the United Kingdom, But all four nations of the UK are represented in the floral emblems: English rose at the top, Scottish thistle on the left, Irish shamrock on the right, and Welsh leek at the bottom.

Quote:
Has any country, other than the UK, announced C111 coins for circulation yet?

Not that I'm aware of. I think the speed at which The Royal Mint got an official portrait approved and ready to use has caught everybody off guard, who expected to have to wait for a few more months yet. The RAM's FAQ page hasn't been updated since 13/9/22. There's nothing on the RCM website at all that mentions Charles III that I can find. And none of the other Commonwealth Realms have their own mint, so I would expect those countries to be even slower on the uptake.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 988Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.29 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: