Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2020 Australian Donation Dollar

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 494Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Australia
948 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2022  03:09 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Too my and everyone else's understanding that the Australian donation dollar is year 2020 do we agree on this.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
948 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2022  03:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2020 and 2021 donation dollars are in circulation 12.5 million each lucky I thought I had a obverse planchet error &&&&
Pillar of the Community
Australia
948 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2022  03:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well this one thinks it's worth alot

Pillar of the Community
Australia
948 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2022  04:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If anyone wants this coin all I need is $1 back but whoever wants it just pay your own postage too me and I will send it at my end.

Just thought someone who needs for collection of $1 coins, I already have the collection.oh and forward me address details I'm†giving this coin not selling
Valued Member
Australia
62 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2022  05:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jens coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

From the RAM website:
24/11/2022
Media Release
Today, the Royal Australian Mint (the Mint) launched a new initiative to get more Donation Dollars into the hands of Australian's in the lead up to Christmas
This initiative, which will be rolled out at newsXpress retail stores across the country from 24 November, encourages people to swap their change for Donation Dollars and increase charitable giving in the lead up to the Christmas holiday season.
Managing Director of newsXpress stores, Mark Fletcher said "We are excited to be working with the Royal Australian Mint on this important initiative. With nearly 200 stores across Australia, newsXpress can help get Donation Dollars into the hands of thousands of Australians in all parts of the country."
Royal Australian Mint CEO, Leigh Gordon, said rolling out this initiative through newsXpress stores will make Donation Dollar more accessible to Australians.
"We have minted one Donation Dollar for every Australian as a tangible reminder of the importance of giving back. Donation Dollars have been distributed through the banks since September 2020 with an estimated six million currently in circulation. While Australians will continue to come across Donation Dollars, this partnership with newsXpress means that Australians don't need to wait to find a Donation Dollar in their change, they can simply visit one of the newsXpress stores to get their hands on a Donation Dollar - making this hard working coins more accessible to all. Every dollar out in circulation, is another dollar working to make Australia better.
The coin is designed to be instantly recognisable with the words Give to Help Others and a green centre with a gold ripple design emanating from the centre symbolising the ongoing impact each donation dollar makes to those who need it most.
"Since its launch in September 2020, 2.8 million Australians have found and donated one or more donation dollars to a charity or a business or person in need. Independent research commissioned by the Mint shows that the average donation prompted by the Donation Dollar is $21, equating to approximately $59 million in donations generated by this initiative to date.
"I encourage all Australians to visit their nearest newsXpress store and swap their regular dollars for a Donation Dollar, or check their change, car consoles and saving jars for this very special coin. When you get your hands on a Donation Dollar, remember to donate it to someone in need, whether this is a charity, homeless person or struggling business," said Mr Gordon.
From today, Australians can head into their local newsXpress retail store and swap their dollars for Donation Dollars.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
4646 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2022  08:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the heads up Jen. :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,800 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
Australia
948 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2022  2:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I already donated this $1 coin too a homeless man that needed it more than I did so I gave him this coin.
Valued Member
Australia
62 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2022  12:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jens coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The coins that you can swap thru the newsXpress stores are 2021 $1 donation
Pillar of the Community
Australia
4646 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2022  03:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No coins at newsXpress near us today. Coins have been delayed. :(
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,800 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 494Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: