Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A Very Special Silver Dollar

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 2,394Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4861 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2022  12:57 pm Show Profile   Check thedollarman's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add thedollarman to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
The 1935 silver dollar, as Canada's first commemorative coin and first regular issue one dollar coin holds a special place in the hearts of many collectors. The voyageur reverse was in use from 1935 til 1987 and might just be the most iconic design of any Canadian coin. The designer's initials can be seen by the waterline as EH, standing for Emanuel Hahn. Emanuel Hahn was a great Canadian sculptor with many of his works standing in Toronto today, he also took an interest in coin design and is responsible for some of the most beloved designs in our hobby. Not only did he design the beloved voyageur, but he is also responsible for the 1939 Royal visit commemorative dollar as well as the bluenose dimes and caribou quarters still seen in circulation today.

I present to my beloved CCF the actual 1935 dollar given to Emanuel Hahn as a token of appreciation for his work..this coin now holds a very special place in my collection and I am most thankful to be its new caretaker.

feel free to call me Will. I'm a 22 year old collector/dealer from the Greater Toronto area

my PMs are always open, whether you have a question or simply wish to talk!
Valued Member
Canada
478 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2022  1:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wallyb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing this.
Bedrock of the Community
United Kingdom
11529 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2022  1:08 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! Most impressive!
Valued Member
Canada
201 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2022  1:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Levaril to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is one very beautiful specimen! I can only dream of some day having something so nice. :)
Valued Member
United States
116 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2022  1:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nycstlrr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fantastic Great looking coin.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1307 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2022  1:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice one Wil!
Thanks for sharing
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1398 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2022  2:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add purelywasted to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely, my favorite dollar
Valued Member
Canada
313 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2022  2:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Andy888 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It doesn't get much more important than this. Congratulations!
Valued Member
Taiwan
405 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2022  2:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Everest to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice Will. This coin certainly checks all the boxes. Thank you for sharing. Congratulations.
Learn More...
United States
120865 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6229 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2022  3:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on a very nice SP
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4644 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2022  3:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does it burn your hands when you pick it up? Wow! What a treasure.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
1111 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2022  5:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Stunning Heritage for a super stunning coin. Congrats. Thanks so much for sharing.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
832 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2022  5:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add punman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful!! Do you have any idea how many times this coin exchanged hands since its mintage until you received it?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4849 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2022  6:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheForce to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Stunning!!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4861 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2022  7:02 pm  Show Profile   Check thedollarman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add thedollarman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@punman very few times.. The coin didn't leave the Hahn family until the 1960s when it was consigned to the new Netherlands coin company auction. It was either consigned by his wife or right after her death, I can't remember which. The Norwebs bought the coin from the new Netherlands sale and it resided in their collection until the collection was auctioned by Stack's in 1996. It was won from the Stack's sale by the family who built the cornerstone collection and the cornerstone collection was then sold in 2019. When the cornerstone collection was sold, a private collector who deals occasionally purchased it as it was very very cool but did not fit his core collection.. I was lucky enough to get into contact with him and purchase it. So it went from Hahn to Hahn's wife, then to the Norwebs, then to the Rogos(cornerstone), then to the private collector and then myself...so about 6 people have owned it since 1935 if you consider Hahn's wife a separate owner and discount the possibility it may have belonged to one of his children briefly before being consigned to the new Netherlands sale.
feel free to call me Will. I'm a 22 year old collector/dealer from the Greater Toronto area

my PMs are always open, whether you have a question or simply wish to talk!
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 2,394Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: