Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1967 No Mint Mark Dime

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 339Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
58 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2022  6:03 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Mint proof to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This dime is very different looking to me it caught my eye for sure mostly around the leafs and then looking at the side of the coin not sure what this is called

Pillar of the Community
United States
2333 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2022  6:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nick10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
might be clash marks on reverse, tough to tell from those pics
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
75021 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2022  6:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sharper pics please, with closeups of the areas that interest you.
Valued Member
United States
58 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2022  6:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mint proof to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
58 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2022  6:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mint proof to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hope this is a better picture
Bedrock of the Community
United States
48465 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2022  6:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am seeing remnants of a die clash as well as polish marks.Also a minor collar clash on the obverse. A spender IMHO. Also,looks like you need to work on taking better quality photos. The better the photos you post the better we can help you.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13855 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2022  7:37 pm  Show Profile   Check Dearborn's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Collar clashes are very common on dimes due to its small size and the difficulty of getting an exact alignment of the dies. The clash occurs when the obverse and reverse dies hit each other with no blank in the collar. The design elements are then imprinted onto the opposite die. A mint employee will then try to save the dies by polishing off the clashes.
Valued Member
United States
58 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2022  7:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mint proof to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool might just keep this one tho very neat looking thank you and sorry about the picture probably lighting or my phone or me might be a 3 out of 3 or just me thank you for your help god bless
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60980 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2022  11:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All 1965-1967 coins didn't have any mintmarks those years, regardless of where they were struck.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 339Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: