Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1983 D LMC Multiple Serifs (?)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 358Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
1645 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2022  4:16 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This looks to line up with Coppercoins # 1MM-001.
But looks to have more.
Would you say the areas where the arrows are pointing go together?

Thank you all for looking and commenting.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13952 Posts
Valued Member
United States
71 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2022  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pnwmakes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is split plating exposing the zinc core but looking at the vertical and the serifs I see rpm in my opinion.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1645 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2022  7:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to you both for comments. That's what I was thinking it could be Dearborn just wasn't sure.
What do you think of the upper and lower serifs?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
48504 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2022  04:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are you able to match die markings?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
2275 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2022  04:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stoneman227 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a difficult call as lighting can induce similar effects as the shoulder of the mintmark meets the field. Nice rpm regardless, Congrats!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1645 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2022  08:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coppercoins 1MM-001.
Markers match everything on reverse. Nothing on obverse.

Sorry meant to include earlier.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
61020 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2022  7:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
1645 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2022  9:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone.
Coppercoins #001 is D/D.
Is this one just D/D or (?)
Pillar of the Community
United States
1645 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2022  10:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
. Sorry everyone.
Just wanted to know if this is D/D like Coppercoins 1983D 1MM-001. Or does it have more Ds?
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 358Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: