This year marks the 60th anniversary of the decimal currency. The coins feature animals that are used on the circulating coins. RAM has already sold out the silver proof version. Some sellers on ebay have been selling the silver well over what the RAM has sold for! Gold is asking for some serious premium...!!!
Quote: Gold is asking for some serious premium...!!! Gold is asking for some serious premium...!!!
Yes, way above other 1/10th oz available, it is a great design and would like it but not at $950 . Can't see it getting cheaper though. Bought the 1/10th gold RAM 60th Anniversary which some might say a very similar theme , for over $200 less and gold has not risen that much between releases of both coins.
Also I think the mintage of the newer 60th Anniversary of decimal currency gold coin is actually one more @ 2,026 whereas the 60th anniversary of the RAM is @ 2,025.
crab eater - nice coin! I am kicking myself for not getting it as I'm a big fan of RAM.
I remember I was at the RAM 2 years ago and they were selling the space gold coin. Silver space coin was sold out. The gold coin was less than 500 dollars. That was after the bluey madness and gold price started to rise. Believe the original retail price was around 400 dollars. In a matter of couple of years - gold has gone up more than double!
I recall looking at the Sydney harbour gold coin and was really tempted to get it. I'm sure it was under 5-6000 back then. It's a lot more expensive today!!!
Thanks for that jens coins, I find that unbelievable as RAM are @$950 llike everybody else. Will have to check the local P.O Monday morning.
Quote: crab eater - nice coin! I am kicking myself for not getting it as I'm a big fan of RAM.
Still available( if your not being sarcastic) gxseries https://www.coincollect.com.au/prod...-Proof-Coin/ The seller is currently away and returns tomorrow so guessing they will increase the price on all of the gold coins they have. It would pay to buy today.
crab eater - I'm not sarcastic! I'm a big fan of the RAM and been there a few times. It has evolved over the years. If anyone has gone there recently - it looks like they have glued (?) a lot of colored coins as part of their wall display.
Quote: The seller is currently away and returns tomorrow so guessing they will increase the price on all of the gold coins they have. It would pay to buy today.
Went up $50 to $795. That's about 15% in less than a 24 hours.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use