Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Most Valuable Canadian Coins

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2019  1:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tinycomedian to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm on the hunt for the rarest most valuable Canadian coins out there. I searched YouTube and found this guy saying these are the best but did he forget anything or is this still up to date? I got a few coins I need to identity that are Canadian. They are probably worthless but I like them. https://dausel.co/LvPzHQ
Pillar of the Community
United States
2494 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2019  1:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Check out the PCGS registry sets and find out who's talking through their hats from your Google searches. THOSE are the finest, not someone's blog or Utube video.
Valued Member
Canada
379 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2019  1:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tamarin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Most valuable? To me the most valuable are those that are really scarce but still possible to acquire by chance. They're out there and that's where knowledge pays off. I still believe I'll find a large date 1969 dime, a brass 1859, a small crown 1906 quarter and a few other highly regarded coins simply by examining coins wherever they might happen to show up. Could be a garage sale, a flea market, a bag of coins at an estate auction. Coins that keep me looking and make me hopeful will always be the most valuable. And if you want to get lucky, look! Best find in the last six months, acquired by chance, was a buffalo 1918 over 7. Made my day and... I'm still looking.
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2019  1:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tinycomedian to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Where can I find that
Pillar of the Community
United States
2494 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2019  4:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, start here for 2018 new sets, but there are a number of ways to get into the individual Registry sets:
https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/awardshalloffame

If you are looking at Canadian sets, here is a list, but there are sets for all countries/denominations:
https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/no...ica/canada/3

And the owner(s) of some of the top sets, including the top ranked, is/are members of this site and post routinely.

And if you want to see some top-notch coins that are actually for sale, Google "Cornerstone Collection" that Sandy Campbell has put together ..some of the coins for sale there ARE the finest known or ever known
Edited by okiecoiner
07/20/2019 8:58 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
9601 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2019  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
Learn More...
United States
74827 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
15610 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2019  01:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In terms of value of rare Canadian coins,
where does the
1862 British Columbia 20 Dollar gold coin rank?
Valued Member
Canada
480 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2019  10:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chadcoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Had the opportunity to go to the Calgary RCNA this year. Hats off to Sandy Campbell in giving out catalogs on the Connerstone collection of all the SP coins. Its just stunning to see this stuff. To put it into prospective is a circulated 1969 Large date 10ct would go in the junk box.

1875 no H 5ct - SP63 $95,000
1884 5ct - SP65 - $85,000
and there are more
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05