Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Cant Belive This!!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
3942 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2010  12:08 am Show Profile   Check Adam_E's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
i saw this commercial too!
i cant believe that coin community has this add!
you can even see the COPY on the obverse!
https://www.50dollarbuffalo.com/?mid=663940
Learn More...
United States
6561 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2010  12:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GO to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bobby doesn't handpick the ads for the site.

But he does have a say in which ones won't be here in the future
Valued Member
United States
436 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2010  01:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coretj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why is this a big deal?
The website says very clearly that it is from the "National Collectors Mint" not the US MINT.
The Website says that it is a tribute coin
The website says "Each 2010 $50 Gold Buffalo Tribute Proof comes complete with an individually numbered Certificate of Authenticity, verifying that each piece is clad in 31 mgs. "
The coin on the Website does not have a denomination on it .. so they are not in violation of any laws.

So why get all hot and bothered about it? Most everyone here knows better than to buy it.
Learn More...
Australia
13043 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2010  01:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Umm, what's the problem with it?

Yeah, National Collectors Mint products are tacky and gimmicky, and you're not likely to be getting your $20 back in resale value anytime soon. But there's nothing illegal or immoral about selling replicas.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
Pillar of the Community
United States
3942 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2010  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Check Adam_E's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i just hate those advertisements saying stuff like this! they make the really new coin collectors waste their money!
Valued Member
United States
436 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2010  7:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coretj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think they can consider themselves coin collectors if they think they can get a $50.00 gold coin for 20 bucks.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
15109 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2010  09:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
they make the really new coin collectors waste their money!

They don't MAKE the new collectors do anything. They offer a product, they tell the truth about the product, and if you can't examine their claims and determine that it is not a good deal you will get taken. If they a "protected" from this one, there will be plenty of others out their waiting for them. They say a fool and his money are soon parted, and if they never have a chance to learn via that parting they will remain a fool. I don't like it any more than you do, but at least this deal is a fairly cheap way for them to get their education compared to some of the other "deals" out there.
Gary Schmidt
822 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2010  09:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scubu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I CANT believe this!

This is nothing, if you want to see pathetic, Numismatic News has a very blatant ad on the home page of their site (and many others) for that "Numis" Ponzi scheme. Been there for weeks. I have lost quite a bit of respect. I canceled my subscription.
Edited by scubu
02/16/2010 09:27 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
2541 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2010  5:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gothic Florin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This slop should be outlawed...
United States
44 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2010  5:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Havoc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ads are ads, the problem comes in falling for all the hype, I get asked about this stuff from people who Iam around that know I collect, my answer is the same each time, they are not what they appear to be.

just don't buy them, let people know what they are and educate those who will listen.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3942 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2010  8:01 pm  Show Profile   Check Adam_E's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
in the video it says "look closely at this great piece of american history.. ect"..... it should say "look closely for the letters COPY on the obverse on james' pony tail...ect.....
Pillar of the Community
United States
731 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2010  8:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CheetahCats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't get it... the tv ad for this can't be any more clear. It's riddled with cheezy buzzwords that are a dead giveaway!:
"your own COPY of the $50 dollar gold buffalo"
"CLAD in 31 MILLIGRAMS of pure gold"
"PRIVATE NON-MONETARY minting"

...And my favorite: "PURE GOLD CLAD". Almost like saying "SIMULATED GRANITE-LIKE KITCHEN LAMINATE"...

Caveat Emptor, that's all I have to say.

And as Havoc eloquently stated, "just don't buy them, let people know what they are and educate those who will listen."
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.08 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05