Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Are All Of This Guys Coins Fakes?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 31 / Views: 3,154Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1298 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2010  3:47 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add jgfindring to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
http://shop.ebay.com/allurech/m.htm...trksid=p4340

Hope I got the link right.

At least two of his US dollars, his British Trade dollar and the French Indo-china Trade dollar are fakes. Don't know enough about the others to tell, but hopefully someone else here can tell.
Currently working on:
Australia type set
Canada type set
Three from each country (up to 416!)
UK 20th and 21st century
IHC's! NGC certified MS-62 or better, Capital Plastics Fine or better, Dansco Fine or better, Dansco any x3, and Coin Board for wall display, any grade. (I may be a tad obsessed)
Pillar of the Community
Poland
3201 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2010  3:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DL20K to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 2-1/2 Gulden and the 5 pengo look wrong to me as well.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1418 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2010  3:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tumbleweedtrumpet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Washington dollar?!?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1298 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2010  4:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jgfindring to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, a rare 1865 Washington dollar. And don't forget the "Rare" 1906 Ellis Island Statue of Liberty commemorative dollar. I guess the Centennial celebration came after only 20 years instead of 100.
Currently working on:
Australia type set
Canada type set
UK 20th and 21st century
IHC's! NGC certified MS-62 or better, Capital Plastics Fine or better, Dansco Fine or better, Dansco any x3, and Coin Board for wall display, any grade. (I may be a tad obsessed)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1298 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2010  4:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jgfindring to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just noticed the Hong Kong 1866 King Edward VII dollar. Bet that came as a shock to Queen Victoria. How can people bid on this stuff? How can someone sell these?
Currently working on:
Australia type set
Canada type set
UK 20th and 21st century
Pillar of the Community
United States
1523 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2010  4:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Halfwitty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
He doesn't even say that they are imitation.Has anyone reported him? He's Canadian.
Valued Member
United States
147 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2010  4:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add adco1149 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The funny thing is his last item he claims to be "GENUINE"

Range Rover HSE Air Suspension Reservoir GENUINE NEW
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5854 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2010  4:49 pm  Show Profile   Check nohope587's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nohope587 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
if you look at his 1796 dollar you can see the remains of the word copy in the hair. looks like it was whizzed to remove it.
Richard Barnes
(www.winsociety.org) WINS#366
eBay nohope587 ANA#1200381
Face Book https://www.facebook.com/Numismatic.Jewelry/
Learn More...
United States
14454 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2010  4:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
we know thisen aint real http://cgi.ebay.com/US-SILVER-DOLLA...EY_W0QQitemZ270527526952QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCoins_Bullion?hash=item3efcb27828 I would say they are all suspect and some are just down right fakes without a doubt. I guess the one in the auction I mentioned above is a real "Facsimile" coin but nothing made from the US Mint and I don't think any of the others are either
Valued Member
United States
462 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2010  5:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pinenut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does he get away with it since he's selling them under the "bullion" category?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1523 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2010  5:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Halfwitty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would be suspect even as bullion.He says"Rare coin money"
Edited by Halfwitty
02/13/2010 5:35 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
5043 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2010  3:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add swamperbob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Obviously they are all fakes and poor ones at that. But they are getting bids. I can not understand why. They are worthless - not even silver.

The thing I find hardest to accept is that eBay would not stop an auction like one of these - but will stop the same coins from being sold if they are PROPERLY identified.
My book on Counterfeit Portrait 8Rs is available from Amazon http://ccfgo.com/TheUnrealReales or from me directly if you want it signed.
822 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2010  4:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scubu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The thing I find hardest to accept is that eBay would not stop an auction like one of these

That's because people would rather spend days complaining about it here than take 30 seconds to report the darn things and be done with it.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
693 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2010  4:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsrfun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am attempting to get ebay to remove the auctions. I wish the USA would do something about the lame Hobby Protection Act. Get a law like Canada has. It has worked here in regards to the Chinese fakes!
Pillar of the Community
United States
648 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2010  4:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add schmidty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That's because people would rather spend days complaining about it here than take 30 seconds to report the darn things and be done with it.

I reported him yesterday about 4:00pm. But, I haven't heard anything back.
Pillar of the Community
United States
648 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2010  4:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add schmidty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, I just went and looked again. The "Washington" dollar and Statue of Liberty coins are gone. I can't remember for sure, but I don't think they would have ended yet. They must have made him pull them?
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 31 / Views: 3,154Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.37 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05