Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

An interesting eBay find -- Hand Made 1858 1c for wall

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member

Canada
168 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2010  10:42 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add laconic to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I thought this was pretty neat. Somone spent a lot of time hand-crafting an 1858 1c out of wood:

Here is the eBay link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HANDCRAFTED-one...AY_W0QQitemZ a href= /go/v1.asp?target=https://www.ebay.com/itm/-/230460280251?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true#itemTitle target= _blank rel= nofollow 230460280251 /a QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_2?hash=item35a880cdbb
Pillar of the Community
United States
1523 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2010  10:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Halfwitty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3845 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2010  10:45 am  Show Profile   Check Adam_E's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thats AMAZING!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1733 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2010  10:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ugly to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK I like that a lot .... Imagine how much time that must have taken.
Valued Member
Canada
52 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2010  11:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bernitz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wow... what a Beautiful peice of art!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2734 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2010  12:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DNA to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Canada
693 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2010  12:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsrfun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
He has made different ones! They are all beautiful! True art work! I am priveledged to call him friend as well.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
879 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2010  2:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add D to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Absolutely beautiful.....

Too often works of art ( talented works of art ) the maker is not given an ataboy..

Because of this post ( Thank you laconic ) I sent him a message through eBay telling him what a great job..thumbs up..

Credit where credit is due....
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1554 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2010  7:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add glenzy1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WOW, I take my hats off to the maker of this Gem Masterpiece. I can barely open a bag of chips on a Friday night without cutting myself , let alone even contemplate doing something so incredible as this. I've placed a bid on this item, I'll let you know if I win!

Glenn
Pillar of the Community
Canada
636 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2010  8:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dollar1948 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got outbid...now its over a hundred bucks,.a 9 day listing will surely see it rise and rise.
Its a wonderful piece of work...no doubt about it.
Valued Member
Canada
52 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2010  9:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bernitz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i guesse it could easely go in the thousand for this item, since the effort and quality was put into this great peice of art. I hope he gets the price he deserves.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2669 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2010  10:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add xshift to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hmm.. what variety would you call that one?
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2830 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2010  10:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Peter THOMAS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm impressed
Peter in Oz
Pillar of the Community
Canada
629 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2010  01:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrCanada to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You would think a coin dealer would snap this up as a center piece for a store, nice work.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1931 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2010  04:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add malissadawn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I absolutely love this! I keep going back to look again and again. Just no funds available to get it at this time or I would be all over it.
Valued Member
Australia
135 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2010  07:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oasis to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is beautiful. Well done to the artist.
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.13 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05