Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

An interesting eBay find -- Hand Made 1858 1c for wall  

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member

Canada
168 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2010  10:42 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add laconic to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I thought this was pretty neat. Somone spent a lot of time hand-crafting an 1858 1c out of wood:

Here is the eBay link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HANDCRAFTED-one...AY_W0QQitemZ a href= /go/v1.asp?target=http://www.ebay.com/itm/230460280251/ target= _blank rel= nofollow 230460280251 /a QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_2?hash=item35a880cdbb
Pillar of the Community
United States
1523 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2010  10:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Halfwitty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3554 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2010  10:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thats AMAZING!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1733 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2010  10:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ugly to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK I like that a lot .... Imagine how much time that must have taken.
Valued Member
Canada
52 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2010  11:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bernitz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wow... what a Beautiful peice of art!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2734 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2010  12:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DNA to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Canada
693 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2010  12:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsrfun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
He has made different ones! They are all beautiful! True art work! I am priveledged to call him friend as well.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
872 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2010  2:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add D to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Absolutely beautiful.....

Too often works of art ( talented works of art ) the maker is not given an ataboy..

Because of this post ( Thank you laconic ) I sent him a message through eBay telling him what a great job..thumbs up..

Credit where credit is due....
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1554 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2010  7:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add glenzy1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WOW, I take my hats off to the maker of this Gem Masterpiece. I can barely open a bag of chips on a Friday night without cutting myself , let alone even contemplate doing something so incredible as this. I've placed a bid on this item, I'll let you know if I win!

Glenn
Pillar of the Community
Canada
636 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2010  8:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dollar1948 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got outbid...now its over a hundred bucks,.a 9 day listing will surely see it rise and rise.
Its a wonderful piece of work...no doubt about it.
Valued Member
Canada
52 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2010  9:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bernitz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i guesse it could easely go in the thousand for this item, since the effort and quality was put into this great peice of art. I hope he gets the price he deserves.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2669 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2010  10:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add xshift to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hmm.. what variety would you call that one?
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2830 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2010  10:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Peter THOMAS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm impressed
Peter in Oz
Pillar of the Community
Canada
624 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2010  01:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrCanada to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You would think a coin dealer would snap this up as a center piece for a store, nice work.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1931 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2010  04:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add malissadawn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I absolutely love this! I keep going back to look again and again. Just no funds available to get it at this time or I would be all over it.
Valued Member
Australia
132 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2010  07:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oasis to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is beautiful. Well done to the artist.
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05