Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Question about mint proof sets

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
311 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2010  10:30 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add johnstac to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have recently started purchasing these sets to not only complete the states set but to also have each years proof set to fill my danscos. So far I have received the 1996 and the 2000 set. My question is why are there 2 nickels in each set? The only dansco I do not have is the nickel set. Are there 2 proof nickels for each year in the dansco? I have just never seen this. I have many of the early uncirculated and proof sets but I have never seen 2 nickels in those. Thanks.
Valued Member
United States
172 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2010  11:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hugemistake2003 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are these in their original mint packaging? Only one proof nickel was made in each of those years. The only years that more than one nickel was made were 2004 and 2005.
Valued Member
United States
407 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2010  11:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Whytlash to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I understand every one of the words in your post, but in combination they make no sense. I would love to see a picture of a 1996 proof set with two nickels and a 2000 proof set with 2 nickels. The3 only modern proof sets that include 2 nickels are the 2004 and 2005 with the Westward Journey nickels.

Steve
Pillar of the Community
United States
3267 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2010  11:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add upstate to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are you talking about mints sets?
P&D or S mint mark?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05